You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-13 16:10:34

Unia
Website

[SOLVED] iPod sync and mount in Nautilus

This is an issue I have been having ever since I upgraded my iPod to iOS 4.3.1: I can't get it to mount again and/or sync it. Previously (before I updated my iPod Touch) I could mount it and sync it.
However, I then decided to update it to iOS 4.3.3 and since then, it won't work any more. On the website it says iOS 4.3.3 is supported. I'm only looking into this now, because before I had no time for it.

When I try to mount it in Nautilus (it does show up in the side-pane), I get the following error:

DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

DBus is running though!

Information you might need:

• iPod Touch 3G;

• iOs 4.3.3;

• Fully up-to-date system;

• Packages installed: nautilus, libgpod, libplist, libimobiledevice, usbmuxd (running), libusb, gvfs and gvfs-afc. It always worked before with these packages;

• Using Banshee.

Last edited by Unia (2011-08-13 16:38:18)

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#2 2011-08-13 16:26:55

Unia
Website

Re: [SOLVED] iPod sync and mount in Nautilus

Just tried mounting it through iFuse again. Gives me the following error:

GNUTLS ERROR: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received

That's at least something to search on, so I'll keep looking!

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#3 2011-08-13 16:30:43

Unia
Website

I got it to work! On this website
http://libiphone.lighthouseapp.com/proj … in-ios-421

Here's the fix:

$ idevicepair unpair
$ idevicepair pair
$ idevicepair validate

#4 2011-08-13 16:38:02

Unia
Website

Tested and confirmed! Can browse it in Nautilus and sync in Banshee! Consider this solved!

Board footer