You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-16 15:25:23

artiom

Error unmounting FS and desactivating LVM groups on shutdown

Hi there!

All my filesystems are on LVM except /boot.
I have these two error on my Arch system shutdown.I see nothing special in the logs, so I don't know what filesystems are affected. But I have only one  LVM group.

Anybody have any ideas how debug / correct this?

Last edited by artiom (2011-08-16 15:25:40)

#2 2011-08-16 18:22:11

alphaniner

Re: Error unmounting FS and desactivating LVM groups on shutdown

What filesystems do you have on LVs?  I have a standard /boot partition, plus /, /var, and /home on LVs.  I get unmounting errors as well, but only when I have LV snapshots.  For me, the /var partition is affected.  Look at your /var/log/boot file to see which filesystems aren't being unmounted (they will need to be checked).

The thread I created is here, but it never went anywhere.  So I hopped onto another thread with similar symptoms, but a different cause. That thread resulted in a bug report.  I would suggest you read through the thread and the bug report (particularly the comments between tomegun and I).  Carry out the steps suggested (ps and lsof output at shutdown), and if appropriate add a comment to the bug report.

Since you're the only other person who may be seeing this issue in relation to LVM, I will be more than happy to help you out in any way I can!

Last edited by alphaniner (2011-08-16 19:06:38)

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#3 2011-08-25 11:01:44

artiom

Re: Error unmounting FS and desactivating LVM groups on shutdown

I have all my partitions on LVs except /boot. / ,/var, /usr,/home. I see nothing special in /var/log/boot. All filesystems are clean. I tried to change the order of the daemons started on boot and now I have no unmounting message any more.
But "deactivating LVM2 groups" error is still here.

Board footer