You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-17 08:07:00

marno11

Audio video capture and combination Nintendo64

Hi

I was hoping that someone could help me with mixing a video and audio signal for live playback.

I have a N64 with its video component hooked up to my TV capture card, and the audio connected to the line in on my sound card.

the computer i'm using has a fresh install of arch, with xfce. I currently just have alsa installed, as far a sound stuff goes and everything is working fine.

right now i can see the video from my nintendo with "QT V4L2 test utility" which is all good. I can't make this video full screen or any bigger. I do know i can use cheese to view the video in full screen, but it does not handle any audio.

so, what program can i use? or how can i play captured audio live?? is there a program (something like cheese or not) that can handle the capture and playback of both audio and video????? the latter is prefered

any input would be good, some ideas could help me along smile

thanks guys

#2 2011-08-17 10:02:26

defears

Re: Audio video capture and combination Nintendo64

Vlc can play, record, and stream capture cards perfectly.

Go to Media>>Open capture device, and at the bottom choose play.

#3 2011-08-18 07:18:08

marno11

Re: Audio video capture and combination Nintendo64

ok cool VLC seems like a good option, i can capture the video just fine becasue i know the video device name is /dev/video0 but i don't know what the audio device name is..

i have been looking online for a way to find this out. but i have not yet found a way to tell me what the audio device name is for my sound card. (i have the audio input connected to a PCI sound card)

i just found this which helped a bit
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=81166

it turns out that when i have a look the sound card i want to use is alsa://plughw:0,0

so i go -> show more options -> play another media synchrously and enter alsa://plughw:0,0. all goes well

Last edited by marno11 (2011-08-18 10:18:26)

Board footer