You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-17 22:33:50

Nevernote / Nixnote Wacom pen support

I've done a lot of searching both arch-specific resources (forums, AUR, wiki), and the general internet to try and find out if Nevernote supports use of a wacom pen to create vector graphics (i.e. use the pen to write on the screen).  I have been able to get GIMP and Inkscape to recognize and use the pen correctly (i.e. pressure sensitive, buttons work, etc).  Hardware is recognized by the system correctly.

Is there a hidden menu in Nevernote I haven't found yet, or is there a config file change or something that would enable me to use the pen in Nevernote?

If not, here's what I'm trying to accomplish on a functional level:
I'm trying to replicate MS OneNote's seamless integration of writing on the screen with typed notes.  This works great for quick scribbles that, for whatever reason, aren't conducive to being typed out.  So, if anyone knows of alternative note taking software packages for linux that do offer this capability, I'd be eager to try them out.  I'm NOT asking for text recognition.  What I do want is the ability to write and draw in the same "space".

#2 2011-08-18 02:33:06

triplesquarednine

Re: Nevernote / Nixnote Wacom pen support

I don't know anything about nixnote, but....

try Xournal.

it'll work with your wacom, and has a decent amount useful of features ~ it's not the best drawing application (you limited in tools and colors) but for what you are talking about, it should work nicely;

Xournal is available through pacman, and there is also a patched version in AUR, that supports importing images;

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=38375

cheerz

Last edited by triplesquarednine (2011-08-18 02:33:52)

#3 2011-08-18 03:15:49

try Xournal.

Thanks for the tip - this is very close to what I was looking for, as far as a note-taking interface.

#4 2011-08-18 05:40:04

triplesquarednine

2891066 wrote:

try Xournal.

Thanks for the tip - this is very close to what I was looking for, as far as a note-taking interface.

no, problem.

once upon a time, i too was looking for an application like this for linux wink

cheerz

Board footer