You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-26 15:31:19

Starfall
Website

Thunar + Gigolo to mount smb shares on startup

Hello again... I promise I'll stop posting soon! tongue

I'm using XFCE as my DE with Thunar as my filemanager. I'm using gvfs, fusesmb and Gigolo to mount my samba shares from my server.

This all works perfectly, I just have a query that might make things easier if solved.

Right now, upon logging in, I have to either launch Gigolo to automount my shares (with which I then have to type in my password for the shares... very annoying) or I have to manually type the smb address into Thunar.

I was curious if there were any means of launching Gigolo on startup, but so it's hidden and if there's any config files I can set the shares' passwords in?

I've created bookmarks in Thunar for my shares, but they only appear once Gigolo mounts them. I've also tried saving my session with every running, however this does not produce a solution either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Visit my blog and my DeviatArt page

#2 2011-09-01 12:11:44

Starfall
Website

Re: Thunar + Gigolo to mount smb shares on startup

Any body have any ideas at all? Perhaps an alternative solution?

Last edited by Starfall (2011-09-01 12:26:37)

#3 2011-09-01 13:34:59

1archgamenon2
Banned

first of all...what's gigolo?

#4 2011-09-01 13:46:29

Starfall
Website

1archgamenon2 wrote:

first of all...what's gigolo?

'Gigolo is a frontend to easily manage connections to remote filesystems using GIO/GVfs. It allows you to quickly connect/mount local and remote filesystems and manage bookmarks of such.'

http://www.uvena.de/gigolo/

EDIT:

1archgamenon2, it seems you have somewhat inadvertently assisted with this tongue They have some pretty good documentation on http://www.uvena.de/gigolo/help.html and I'm pretty sure I can get this up and running as desired.

I'm currently at work... obviously working very hard wink But as soon as I get home I'll check this out, if all goes well, this thread could perhaps help those in the future with similar queries

Last edited by Starfall (2011-09-01 14:35:12)

Board footer