You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-26 16:07:48

jwhendy

[SOLVED] Issue with java/two finger scrolling Macbook/synaptics

Update: Per the suggestion of the Moneydance support team, I tried the same in jEdit, another java app, and it's doing the same thing. Just resting two fingers on the trackpad of my Macbook 2,1 registers as a click event of some kind. It seems it's an issue with synaptics/Macbook and java (note it doesn't happen on an HP computer).

Thoughts?

The original post is below as it was written.

-----

I was using Moneydance the other day and when scrolling through an Income vs. Expense report, all of the sudden 10s of windows popped open on me. In Moneydance, if you doubleclick an expense/income item from the report, you will be taken to the account view in which that expense/income occurs in a new window. Moneydance was interpreting  my two fingers as a click of some kind.

I started a bug report discussion with them, which prompted me to try installing on my work computer, an HP8540w with the same setup (openbox, 10-synaptics.conf, etc.) and did not experience this.

It's got to have something to do with the macbook, synaptics, and/or xorg. Would anyone be able to suggest some things I can look into? For reference:

/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "touchpad catchall"
    Driver "synaptics"
    MatchIsTouchpad "on"
    MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
    Option "TapButton1" "1"
    Option "TapButton2" "2"
    Option "TapButton3" "3"
Option "VertTwoFingerScroll" "on"
Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll" "on"
EndSection

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by jwhendy (2011-12-22 03:12:14)

#2 2011-12-22 03:11:41

jwhendy

Re: [SOLVED] Issue with java/two finger scrolling Macbook/synaptics

Solved! Thanks to a responder to my question posted on Superuser, the resolution came down to setting "HorizTwoFingerScoll" to "off" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf. The problem doesn't seem to be distro or computer sensitive; my issue was on a Macbook 2,1 running Arch and the poster had the same issue running OpenSuse on a Dell.

I posted the solution in the Moneydance bug report as well.

Board footer