http://pastebin.com/vuC0uTV4

gnome-menus2
http://pastebin.com/phwG00Sp

Fixed, fixed, fixed, and fixed smile

archman-cro wrote:

Nooice! I was that wallpaper of yours! tongue

It's the Terraform Green wallpaper from the gnome-backgrounds package tongue

Cookie wrote:

After Upgrading to the latest versions of the packages Unity works beautifully. qt-ubuntu wont build though, I will post the build log tomorrow. Need to sleep now.

Thanks for the all the help Chenxiaolong I really appreciate it smile

You're welcome! I'm glad it works for you big_smile

#302 2012-02-05 13:11:08

kuglee

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

I've missed one.

libindicate
http://pastebin.com/7xyqKZuy

I have an icon issue. The icons have background.
http://ubuntuone.com/1jZ8Bz0Pv1EHaMBwNGFouN

Last edited by kuglee (2012-02-05 13:28:25)

#303 2012-02-05 13:43:22

archman-cro
Website

chenxiaolong wrote:

Thanks! smile

#304 2012-02-05 14:41:34

Cookie

chenxiaolong wrote:
Cookie wrote:

After Upgrading to the latest versions of the packages Unity works beautifully. qt-ubuntu wont build though, I will post the build log tomorrow. Need to sleep now.

Tyvm big_smile

here is the end bit of the qt-ubuntu build log.

helpviewer_qwv.cpp:168:1: error: expected class-name before '{' token
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:173:13: error: 'QWebPage' does not name a type
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:174:32: error: 'WebAction' has not been declared
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:176:42: error: 'QWebFrame' has not been declared
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:177:41: error: 'NavigationType' has not been declared
helpviewer_qwv.cpp: In constructor 'HelpPage::HelpPage(QObject*)':
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:189:7: error: class 'HelpPage' does not have any field named 'QWebPage'
helpviewer_qwv.cpp: At global scope:
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:197:1: error: 'QWebPage' does not name a type
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:207:30: error: variable or field 'triggerAction' declared void
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:207:30: error: 'WebAction' was not declared in this scope
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:207:48: error: expected primary-expression before 'bool'
make[4]: *** [.obj/release-shared/helpviewer_qwv.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/jake/Unity-for-Arch/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0/tools/assistant/tools/assistant'
make[3]: *** [sub-assistant-make_default-ordered] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jake/Unity-for-Arch/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0/tools/assistant/tools'
make[2]: *** [sub-tools-make_default-ordered] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jake/Unity-for-Arch/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0/tools/assistant'
make[1]: *** [sub-assistant-make_default-ordered] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jake/Unity-for-Arch/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0/tools'
make: *** [sub-tools-make_default-ordered] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

Edit: Just a question, how can I enable drop shadow of the menu bar (top bar)? Did some search but could not find anything and the grab thingy at the window decorations didnt work.

Last edited by Cookie (2012-02-05 16:45:27)

Linux nabcake in training...
ArchLinux64

#305 2012-02-05 18:25:21

chenxiaolong

kuglee wrote:

I've missed one.

libindicate
http://pastebin.com/7xyqKZuy

I have an icon issue. The icons have background.
http://ubuntuone.com/1jZ8Bz0Pv1EHaMBwNGFouN

libindicate is fixed smile I have the same problem with the background though (when not using Ambiance theme). It's probably because of the new GTK 3 or Nautilus packages.

archman-cro wrote:
chenxiaolong wrote:

Thanks! smile

You're welcome! smile

Cookie wrote:
chenxiaolong wrote:
Cookie wrote:

Tyvm big_smile

here is the end bit of the qt-ubuntu build log.

Qt failure output...

Edit: Just a question, how can I enable drop shadow of the menu bar (top bar)? Did some search but could not find anything and the grab thingy at the window decorations didnt work.

Could you run "makepkg -L" (to create logs) and upload the *.log files somewhere?

As for the top panel, the drop shadow will only show if the panel is running on top of another application (the background doesn't count). You'll need to enable nautilus to handle the desktop, so that nautilus (and it's desktop icons) will be running "under" the panel, creating a shadow. You can enable this with the gnome-tweak-tool package smile

#306 2012-02-05 21:50:36

kuglee

With the latest light-themes from launchpad there's no icon issue. smile

Thanks again chenxiaolong!

Last edited by kuglee (2012-02-05 21:51:53)

#307 2012-02-05 23:38:40

Cookie

chenxiaolong wrote:

Could you run "makepkg -L" (to create logs) and upload the *.log files somewhere?

As for the top panel, the drop shadow will only show if the panel is running on top of another application (the background doesn't count). You'll need to enable nautilus to handle the desktop, so that nautilus (and it's desktop icons) will be running "under" the panel, creating a shadow. You can enable this with the gnome-tweak-tool package smile

I've done it earlier but couldn't upload it, I was having problem with my net I guess.  full output is on here http://ompldr.org/vY25hcQ (pastebin times out)

Thanks for the tip. menu bar shadow fixed big_smile

Linux nabcake in training...
ArchLinux64

#308 2012-02-06 13:40:06

mr_comic
Website

Trying to update unity to 5.2 I found this error while compiling unity:

[ 42%] Building CXX object plugins/unityshell/CMakeFiles/unityshell.dir/src/PointerBarrier.cpp.o
/home/palahjunkie/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-5.2.0/plugins/unityshell/src/PointerBarrier.cpp: En la función miembro ‘void unity::ui::PointerBarrierWrapper::ConstructBarrier()’:
/home/palahjunkie/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-5.2.0/plugins/unityshell/src/PointerBarrier.cpp:70:54: error: ‘XFixesCreatePointerBarrierVelocity’ no se declaró en este ámbito
/home/palahjunkie/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-5.2.0/plugins/unityshell/src/PointerBarrier.cpp:74:127: error: ‘XFixesSelectBarrierInput’ no se declaró en este ámbito
/home/palahjunkie/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-5.2.0/plugins/unityshell/src/PointerBarrier.cpp: En la función miembro ‘void unity::ui::PointerBarrierWrapper::ReleaseBarrier(int)’:
/home/palahjunkie/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-5.2.0/plugins/unityshell/src/PointerBarrier.cpp:102:93: error: ‘XFixesBarrierReleasePointer’ no se declaró en este ámbito
/home/palahjunkie/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-5.2.0/plugins/unityshell/src/PointerBarrier.cpp: En la función miembro ‘bool unity::ui::PointerBarrierWrapper::HandleEvent(XEvent)’:
/home/palahjunkie/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-5.2.0/plugins/unityshell/src/PointerBarrier.cpp:126:5: error: ‘XFixesBarrierNotifyEvent’ no se declaró en este ámbito
/home/palahjunkie/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-5.2.0/plugins/unityshell/src/PointerBarrier.cpp:126:31: error: ‘notify_event’ no se declaró en este ámbito
/home/palahjunkie/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-5.2.0/plugins/unityshell/src/PointerBarrier.cpp:126:73: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
make[2]: *** [plugins/unityshell/CMakeFiles/unityshell.dir/src/PointerBarrier.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [plugins/unityshell/CMakeFiles/unityshell.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: Se produjo un error en build().
    Cancelando...

Edit: The problem remains and because of it I can't acces Unity, in this cases I'd like to know what should be done to revert the patches in all packages in case I want to get rid off Unity.

Last edited by mr_comic (2012-02-06 21:52:12)

#309 2012-02-07 04:14:20

d1t2

bamf check gtk2 fail!

==> Starting check()...
Making check in lib/libbamf
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/lib/libbamf'
make  check-am
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/lib/libbamf'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/lib/libbamf'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/lib/libbamf'
Making check in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/src'
make  check-am
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/src'
Making check in tests/functional
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/tests/functional'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/tests/functional'
Making check in tests/bamfdaemon
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/tests/bamfdaemon'
make  check-local
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/tests/bamfdaemon'
TEST: ./test-bamf... (pid=21696)
FAIL: ./test-bamf
make[2]: *** [test] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/tests/bamfdaemon'
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dieter/workspace/Unity-for-Arch/bamf/src/bamf-0.2.108/build-gtk2/tests/bamfdaemon'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in check().
    Aborting...

In PKGBUILD check(), it make check build-gtk2 twice. Is it a typo?

#310 2012-02-09 04:53:44

Igor1201

I can't compile the unity package...

running /usr/bin/gconftool-2 --install-schema-file=/tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/src/unity-5.0.0/build/generated/compiz-unitydialog.schemas > /dev/null  2>&1
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/home/igor/.gconf/schemas/compiz-unitydialog.schemas
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/home/igor/.compiz-1/plugins/libunitydialog.so
-- Set runtime path of "/tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common//home/igor/.compiz-1/plugins/libunitydialog.so" to "/usr/lib/compiz"
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/share/man/man1/unity.1
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/share/man/man1/unity-panel-service.1
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/lib/unity/unity-panel-service
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.canonical.Unity.Panel.Service.service
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/lib/unity/makebootchart.py
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/lib/unity/migrate_favorites.py
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/bin/unity
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/lib/libunity-core-5.0.so.5.0.0
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/lib/libunity-core-5.0.so.5
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/lib/libunity-core-5.0.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/ApplicationPreview.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Categories.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Category.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/CheckOptionFilter.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/DBusIndicators.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/FilesystemLenses.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Filter.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Filters.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/GenericPreview.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/GLibDBusProxy.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/GLibSignal.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/GLibSignal-inl.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/GLibWrapper.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/GLibWrapper-inl.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/IndicatorEntry.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Indicator.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Indicators.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Lens.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Lenses.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/MultiRangeFilter.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/MusicPreviews.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Model.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Model-inl.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/ModelRowAdaptor.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/ModelRowAdaptor-inl.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Preview.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Utils.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/RadioOptionFilter.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/RatingsFilter.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Result.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Results.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/include/Unity-5.0/UnityCore/Variant.h
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/lib/pkgconfig/unity-core-5.0.pc
mv: cannot stat `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-igor/aur-unity/pkg/unity-common/usr/lib/compiz': No such file or directory

#311 2012-02-10 22:16:58

mirandir
Website

chenxiaolong : maybe can you replace the UbuntuLogo.png file in gnome-control-center-ubuntu with this file ? smile
ArchLogo.png

#312 2012-02-12 18:24:54

mr_comic
Website

So I managed to solve my problem, it seems that beatbox made me install vala-git and vala-git can't compile unity.

EDIT: Was celebrating too early, still the same error :C

EDIT 2: I'm way to dumb.

The problem was I didn't compile everything again after de libpng update so when I tried to update to Unity 5.2 It failed and I tried to reinstall everything but it was already compiled so it changed nothing, if someone encounters a similar error I highly recomend erasing all compiled packages and recompiling everything.

Last edited by mr_comic (2012-02-12 23:27:05)

#313 2012-02-13 22:04:16

chenxiaolong

Wow, I didn't know that there were so many replies...I didn't receive any email notifications. Sorry about that!

cookie wrote:

I've done it earlier but couldn't upload it, I was having problem with my net I guess.  full output is on here http://ompldr.org/vY25hcQ (pastebin times out)

Thanks for the logs! I'll fix it once I get the libpng and libpcre issue sorted out smile

mr_comic wrote:

Edit: The problem remains and because of it I can't acces Unity, in this cases I'd like to know what should be done to revert the patches in all packages in case I want to get rid off Unity.

To remove the packages, you should be able to run "pacman -Rc unity" (make sure you check what is removed!) to remove packages in the unity group. Then, run "pacman -Q | grep \\-ubuntu" and install the non "-ubuntu" versions of those packages.

d1t2 wrote:

In PKGBUILD check(), it make check build-gtk2 twice. Is it a typo?

Yeah, that's a typo smile It's fixed now. I've also temporarily disabled the tests because of the failures.

Igor1201 wrote:

I can't compile the unity package...

Could you post the full build logs?

makepkg -L
mirandir wrote:

chenxiaolong : maybe can you replace the UbuntuLogo.png file in gnome-control-center-ubuntu with this file ? smile

Awesome! I'll do that as soon as I figure out why github is rejecting git pushes smile

EDIT: Done smile Symlinked with that file in the archlinux-artwork package.

mr_comic wrote:

So I managed to solve my problem, it seems that beatbox made me install vala-git and vala-git can't compile unity.

EDIT: Was celebrating too early, still the same error :C

EDIT 2: I'm way to dumb.

The problem was I didn't compile everything again after de libpng update so when I tried to update to Unity 5.2 It failed and I tried to reinstall everything but it was already compiled so it changed nothing, if someone encounters a similar error I highly recomend erasing all compiled packages and recompiling everything.

I think it's nux, compiz, and unity (with libpng) that's causing all the problems. Anyway, I usually recompile packages by running:

rm -rvf pkg/ src/
makepkg -fsi

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2012-02-15 04:29:14)

#314 2012-02-14 03:01:19

chenxiaolong

Sorry, everyone; I can't fix anything until the libpcre upgrade is sorted out. The libpcre upgrade broke pkg-config and pkg-config won't compile without a working libpcre.

TO EVERYONE: Please upgrade glib2-ubuntu immediately! glib2 needs to be linked to the new pcre or else 90% of the applications will stop working.

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2012-02-14 16:42:36)

#315 2012-02-15 14:46:20

sollidsnake

I'm getting this error when I try to install the libindicate-qt package

-- checking for module 'indicate-0.5'
--   package 'indicate-0.5' not found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:266 (message):
  A required package was not found

EDIT: If I remove the module indicate-0.5 from the CMakeLists.txt file the cmake command runs with no problems, but I still get

/home/jesse/builds/Unity-for-Arch/libindicate-qt/src/libindicate-qt-0.2.5.91/src/qindicateserver.cpp:21:32: fatal error: libindicate/server.h: No such file or directory

when I do the make command.

Last edited by sollidsnake (2012-02-15 15:03:52)

Non serviam

#316 2012-02-15 16:26:00

chenxiaolong

sollidsnake wrote:

I'm getting this error when I try to install the libindicate-qt package

-- checking for module 'indicate-0.5'
--   package 'indicate-0.5' not found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:266 (message):
  A required package was not found

EDIT: If I remove the module indicate-0.5 from the CMakeLists.txt file the cmake command runs with no problems, but I still get

/home/jesse/builds/Unity-for-Arch/libindicate-qt/src/libindicate-qt-0.2.5.91/src/qindicateserver.cpp:21:32: fatal error: libindicate/server.h: No such file or directory

when I do the make command.

Could you list the contents of the pkg-config directory and /usr/include directories?

ls /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ | grep indicate
ls /usr/include/libindicate*

They should have been installed when you compiled libindicate. Did you install from my git repo or from the AUR?

#317 2012-02-15 21:57:27

mr_comic
Website

Quick question: Is there a way to have Unity Greeter ported to Arch?

#318 2012-02-16 01:42:30

mr_comic
Website

Error compiling gtk3-ubuntu

checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... no
configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.31.14    atk >= 2.1.5    pango >= 1.29.0    cairo >= 1.10.0    cairo-gobject >= 1.10.0    gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.25.2) were not met:

Requested 'gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.25.2' but version of GdkPixbuf is 2.24.1

#319 2012-02-16 04:11:04

chenxiaolong

mr_comic wrote:

Error compiling gtk3-ubuntu

checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... no
configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.31.14    atk >= 2.1.5    pango >= 1.29.0    cairo >= 1.10.0    cairo-gobject >= 1.10.0    gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.25.2) were not met:

Requested 'gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.25.2' but version of GdkPixbuf is 2.24.1

A newer version of gdk-pixbuf is available in my git repo smile

mr_comic wrote:

Quick question: Is there a way to have Unity Greeter ported to Arch?

Yep: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52877 It's currently slightly out of date. I'll update it tomorrow.

#320 2012-02-16 11:01:32

sollidsnake

chenxiaolong wrote:

Could you list the contents of the pkg-config directory and /usr/include directories?

They should have been installed when you compiled libindicate. Did you install from my git repo or from the AUR?

From the git repo. I had indicate-0.7 installed. So instead of removing the indicate-0.5 dependence, I changed it to indicate-0.7 and it worked. Thank you, your guess made me figure that out smile
But actually there are a other packages that doesn't compile, like xorg-server-ubuntu, unity and a few others. Unity, for example, is trying to download launchpad-export but it seems the file doesn't exist anymore. I had successfully installed unity on my previous arch install, but now the git has changed and I can't do it anymore. :s
If you notice this problems and fix them, please let me know and I'll try it again. I tried to fix them by myself but I'm not that expert with package structure and compiling.
If you'd like to, I can list all the packages that I'm having problem with.

Non serviam

#321 2012-02-16 18:03:38

chenxiaolong

sollidsnake wrote:
chenxiaolong wrote:

From the git repo. I had indicate-0.7 installed. So instead of removing the indicate-0.5 dependence, I changed it to indicate-0.7 and it worked. Thank you, your guess made me figure that out smile
But actually there are a other packages that doesn't compile, like xorg-server-ubuntu, unity and a few others. Unity, for example, is trying to download launchpad-export but it seems the file doesn't exist anymore. I had successfully installed unity on my previous arch install, but now the git has changed and I can't do it anymore. :s
If you notice this problems and fix them, please let me know and I'll try it again. I tried to fix them by myself but I'm not that expert with package structure and compiling.
If you'd like to, I can list all the packages that I'm having problem with.

Hmm...I just went and rebuilt all the packages and all of them seem to build for me. Could you post the build logs of (maybe, just some) the ones that fail? Maybe that will help me find the source of the problem.

EDIT: Just a simple question, but you are running "git pull" to update the sources, right? (this one has happened quite a bit to me before tongue)

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2012-02-16 18:04:38)

#322 2012-02-16 19:12:03

mr_comic
Website

Tried the unity greeter but it fails to start it just keeps restarting itself, how do I make logs to know what happend?
Edit:

[+0.00s] DEBUG: Logging to /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/log/lightdm.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Starting Light Display Manager 1.1.1, UID=1000 PID=8668
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loaded configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Using D-Bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Running in user mode
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Using Xephyr for X servers
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xlocal
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xremote
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Adding default seat
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Starting seat
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Starting new display for greeter
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Starting local X display
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Could not run plymouth --ping: Failed to execute child process "plymouth" (No such file or directory)
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Logging to /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/log/x-4.log
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Writing X server authority to /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/run/root/:4
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Launching X Server
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Launching process 8672: /usr/bin/Xephyr :4 -auth /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/run/root/:4 -nolisten tcp
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Waiting for ready signal from X server :4
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Acquired bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Registering seat with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0
[+0.61s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 8672
[+0.61s] DEBUG: Got signal from X server :4
[+0.61s] DEBUG: Connecting to XServer :4
[+0.61s] DEBUG: Starting greeter session
[+0.66s] DEBUG: pam_start("lightdm", "palahjunkie") -> (0x8a8f958, 0)
[+0.66s] DEBUG: Starting session unity-greeter as user palahjunkie
[+0.66s] DEBUG: Logging to /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/log/x-4-greeter.log
[+0.66s] DEBUG: Launching session
[+0.66s] DEBUG: pam_set_item(0x8a8f958, 3, ":4") -> 0 (Success)
[+0.67s] DEBUG: Adding session authority to /home/palahjunkie/.Xauthority
[+0.72s] DEBUG: Launching process 8721: /usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm-greeter-session '/usr/sbin/unity-greeter'
[+0.94s] DEBUG: Read 8 bytes from greeter
[+0.94s] DEBUG: Read 9 bytes from greeter
[+0.94s] DEBUG: Greeter connected version=1.1.1
[+0.94s] DEBUG: Wrote 99 bytes to greeter
[+0.94s] DEBUG: Greeter connected, display is ready
[+0.94s] DEBUG: New display ready, switching to it
[+1.17s] DEBUG: Process 8721 exited with return value 0
[+1.17s] DEBUG: Greeter quit
[+1.17s] DEBUG: Stopping display
[+1.17s] DEBUG: Sending signal 15 to process 8672
[+1.17s] DEBUG: Removing session authority from /home/palahjunkie/.Xauthority
[+1.23s] DEBUG: Process 8672 exited with return value 0
[+1.23s] DEBUG: X server stopped
[+1.23s] DEBUG: Removing X server authority /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/run/root/:4
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Display server stopped
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Display stopped
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Active display stopped, switching to greeter
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Switching to greeter
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Starting new display for greeter
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Starting local X display
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Logging to /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/log/x-4.log
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Writing X server authority to /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/run/root/:4
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Launching X Server
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Launching process 8750: /usr/bin/Xephyr :4 -auth /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/run/root/:4 -nolisten tcp
[+1.24s] DEBUG: Waiting for ready signal from X server :4
[+1.73s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 8750
[+1.73s] DEBUG: Got signal from X server :4
[+1.73s] DEBUG: Connecting to XServer :4
[+1.73s] DEBUG: Starting greeter session
[+1.74s] DEBUG: pam_start("lightdm", "palahjunkie") -> (0x8a94580, 0)
[+1.74s] DEBUG: Starting session unity-greeter as user palahjunkie
[+1.74s] DEBUG: Logging to /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/log/x-4-greeter.log
[+1.74s] DEBUG: Launching session
[+1.75s] DEBUG: pam_set_item(0x8a94580, 3, ":4") -> 0 (Success)
[+1.75s] DEBUG: Adding session authority to /home/palahjunkie/.Xauthority
[+1.84s] DEBUG: Launching process 8751: /usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm-greeter-session '/usr/sbin/unity-greeter'
[+1.97s] DEBUG: Read 8 bytes from greeter
[+1.97s] DEBUG: Read 9 bytes from greeter
[+1.97s] DEBUG: Greeter connected version=1.1.1
[+1.97s] DEBUG: Wrote 99 bytes to greeter
[+1.97s] DEBUG: Greeter connected, display is ready
[+1.97s] DEBUG: New display ready, switching to it
[+1.97s] DEBUG: Stopping greeter display being switched from
[+2.16s] DEBUG: Process 8751 exited with return value 0
[+2.16s] DEBUG: Greeter quit
[+2.16s] DEBUG: Stopping display
[+2.16s] DEBUG: Sending signal 15 to process 8750
[+2.16s] DEBUG: Removing session authority from /home/palahjunkie/.Xauthority
[+2.28s] DEBUG: Process 8750 exited with return value 0
[+2.28s] DEBUG: X server stopped
[+2.28s] DEBUG: Removing X server authority /home/palahjunkie/.cache/lightdm/run/root/:4
[+2.28s] DEBUG: Display server stopped
[+2.28s] DEBUG: Display stopped
[+2.28s] DEBUG: Active display stopped, switching to greeter
[+2.28s] DEBUG: Switching to greeter
[+2.28s] DEBUG: Starting new display for greeter
[+2.28s] DEBUG: Starting local X display

This happens, as a loop

Last edited by mr_comic (2012-02-16 19:34:14)

#323 2012-02-17 03:18:07

chenxiaolong

mr_comic wrote:

Tried the unity greeter but it fails to start it just keeps restarting itself, how do I make logs to know what happend?
Edit:

output...

This happens, as a loop

I've just updated the packages to the latest versions. Would you mind testing again? If it still fails, could you describe how LightDM is started (inittab, rc.d, systemd, etc) and also post the entire LightDM log directory?

#324 2012-02-17 03:19:00

chenxiaolong

Well, this is a pleasant surprise: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extr … ppmenu-qt/

90 -> 89 packages to maintain... smile

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2012-02-17 03:19:08)

#325 2012-02-17 03:56:15

mr_comic
Website

I updated and I find this error in the logs:

[+0.05s] ERROR: Settings schema 'com.canonical.unity-greeter' is not installed

Board footer