You are not logged in.

#1976 2013-04-29 05:25:22

gianluca.pettinello

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

chenxiaolong wrote:
gianluca.pettinello wrote:

unity-lens-files should use also locate. Could it be linked to dbus??

Does locate work for files in /home? Also, locate only works if "sudo updatedb" is run. Arch currently runs "updatedb" once daily.

I don't think the problem is related to dbus. With the newer zeitgeist, there are dbus warnings about methods not being found, but these messages all disappear with the old zeitgeist 0.9.5 that Ubuntu uses.

But also unity lens applications uses zeitgeist and it works for me. Could it be related to vala version like libunity?

#1977 2013-04-29 06:21:23

dontbugme
Banned
Website

Why would anyone want the abomination known as Unity to run on Arch Linux?

#1978 2013-04-29 07:26:09

xgdgsc

dontbugme wrote:

Because all desktop environment sucks in some aspect, and where Unity sucks doesn' t matter to them.

#1979 2013-04-29 07:38:37

Unia
Website

Take your trolling somewhere else.

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#1980 2013-04-29 17:36:23

gianluca.pettinello

xgdgsc wrote:
dontbugme wrote:

Because all desktop environment sucks in some aspect, and where Unity sucks doesn' t matter to them.

The beauty of Linux is freedom. You don't like Unity: free to go for whatever you want. I think people in Arch community are intelligent enough to make their own choice... no need to go for slogans....

#1981 2013-04-29 21:34:30

s3vv4

I currently have gnome installed, so its 3.8, would installing unity totally screw my gnome environment, because it uses gnome 3.6 (that's what i believe) ?

#1982 2013-04-29 22:28:15

oi_wtf

Nope, we've ported it to gnome-3.8 and chen always checks if it screws with gnome-shell, so it's considerably safe to install it.
Some things don't work, though...
see: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 4#p1262744 and https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 1#p1263321
(except media-keys, those should be fixed by now.)

Last edited by oi_wtf (2013-04-29 22:30:10)

Laptop:   Arch Linux (x86_64) and Win10 (x86_64);  Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz, 8 GiB RAM, NViDiA GeForce GT 650M w/ 2 GiB
Desktop: Arch Linux (x86_64) and Win10 (x86_64);  Intel Core i7-4771  @ 3.50GHz, 32 GiB RAM, AMD Radeon RX 480 w/ 8 GiB

#1983 2013-04-30 13:29:58

b9anders

dontbugme wrote:

Because we hate freedom and want no workflow. And also because lulz and trollz.

Go away.

#1984 2013-04-30 19:39:28

Silex89

Hi there guys.

First of all, thank you Chen for all your hard and splendid work on Unity for Arch Linux smile I'm sure you know a lot of us appreciate it.

I bought a "new" laptop few days ago. It comes with a AMD Radeon HD 6310 Dual Core APU. I obviously installed Catalyst to do some gaming over an OpenBox session that I built. I'd like to use Unity but I don't want to sacrifice the performance win that I have for having an Arch based system with the packages that I need in favor of Ubuntu 13.04...

My OpenBox session works quite well with Catalyst as well as my games. I installed Unity following the steps on the wiki by using the Unofficial Repo method. Everything ran just fine. I actually got running LightDM. When I type my pássword and login, only the mouse appears. The rest of the screen is black and nothing is clickable. I don't know if it's Compiz related, but as far as I know that window manager is completely compatible with FGLRX.

I don't know if someone else got Unity running on Catalyst with this (or a similar) GPU. I have the last version of Catalyst-Total (AUR package) up and running.

Any Ideas?

Regards.

"The way your heart sounds makes all the difference" John Myung

I love Dream Theater! ImL
Best Guitar Solo Ever

#1985 2013-04-30 20:12:23

chenxiaolong

Silex89 wrote:

Hi there guys.

First of all, thank you Chen for all your hard and splendid work on Unity for Arch Linux smile I'm sure you know a lot of us appreciate it.

I bought a "new" laptop few days ago. It comes with a AMD Radeon HD 6310 Dual Core APU. I obviously installed Catalyst to do some gaming over an OpenBox session that I built. I'd like to use Unity but I don't want to sacrifice the performance win that I have for having an Arch based system with the packages that I need in favor of Ubuntu 13.04...

My OpenBox session works quite well with Catalyst as well as my games. I installed Unity following the steps on the wiki by using the Unofficial Repo method. Everything ran just fine. I actually got running LightDM. When I type my pássword and login, only the mouse appears. The rest of the screen is black and nothing is clickable. I don't know if it's Compiz related, but as far as I know that window manager is completely compatible with FGLRX.

I don't know if someone else got Unity running on Catalyst with this (or a similar) GPU. I have the last version of Catalyst-Total (AUR package) up and running.

Any Ideas?

Regards.

Hi Silex89, nice to see another Archer who likes Unity big_smile

The fglrx drivers should have no problems with Unity if OpenGL is working. Since you were able to play some games, I assume OpenGL is okay. Could you post the contents of the ~/.xsession-errors file while you're logged into the Unity session? That should give me an idea of what's going on.

#1986 2013-04-30 22:05:54

solar

dontbugme wrote:

I believe someone asked how to install unity, because they tried gnome and though wtf... which ya.. unity can't be much better. I tried it when ubuntu went erm 11.04 beta was it or so? uninstalled all debian flavours since.

After using gnome since 99/00ish, G3's strategies along with dev's saying: "what is xfce4?" and so on, made me lose pretty much all respect for gnome.org. Even if I have loved it for so long.

Anyway, when compiz became 'obsolete' we still can use it...gnome devs seem to be doing their best to try and kill all other people's work to use with G3 and I find it a bit odd tbh, that with arch we are kinda forced upon it, i.e. I would have to hold packages and not have all updates, which would make arch a unsafe distro so one really should go with the flow. Now this doesn't go against arch's philosophy so as such I understand it, but ya.. is a bit frustrating.

Ah well.. either way, we are left patching (or someone trying stuff like unity?) until I guess gnome has recovered from their atrocious mistakes when finally pushing over to G4 and hopefully a new paradigm.

I am hilariously insane. yup. you won't notice though.. I promise...I think.

#1987 2013-05-01 02:07:08

samuaz

hi, people, anyone know how to get the compiz plugin for have the Modal Dialog?

Last edited by samuaz (2013-05-01 02:07:36)

#1988 2013-05-01 02:28:15

Silex89

chenxiaolong wrote:

The fglrx drivers should have no problems with Unity if OpenGL is working. Since you were able to play some games, I assume OpenGL is okay. Could you post the contents of the ~/.xsession-errors file while you're logged into the Unity session? That should give me an idea of what's going on.

There you go. Thanks in advance for the help man smile

which: no hsetroot in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/bin/core_perl:/usr/lib/qt4/bin)
which: no esetroot in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/bin/core_perl:/usr/lib/qt4/bin)
which: no xsetroot in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/bin/core_perl:/usr/lib/qt4/bin)
[idesk] Background's file not found.
[idesk] Background's source not found.
tint2 : nb monitor 1, nb monitor used 1, nb desktop 4
tint2 : pixmap background detection failed
N: [pulseaudio] main.c: User-configured server at {516b62f4fff349ef93a74476ea9c3bd0}unix:/run/user/1000/pulse/native, which appears to be local. Probing deeper.

(process:589): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion `sys_page_size == 0' failed

** (firefox:589): WARNING **: Failed to find domain member of JSON manifest

(firefox:589): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `GdkKeymap'

(firefox:589): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed

(firefox:589): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_keymap_have_bidi_layouts: assertion `GDK_IS_KEYMAP (keymap)' failed 

Not sure about what is the most relevant part though hmm.

Regards

EDIT: Here's the output from glxinfo | grep version to show you that OpenGL is indeed working

[daniel@Bethor ~]$ glxinfo | grep version
server glx version string: 1.4
client glx version string: 1.4
GLX version: 1.4
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.2.12217 Core Profile Context 9.012
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.20
OpenGL version string: 4.2.12217 Compatibility Profile Context 9.012
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.20

Last edited by Silex89 (2013-05-01 02:41:38)

Best Guitar Solo Ever

#1989 2013-05-01 02:31:19

chenxiaolong

Silex89 wrote:
chenxiaolong wrote:

There you go. Thanks in advance for the help man smile

which: no hsetroot in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/bin/core_perl:/usr/lib/qt4/bin)
which: no esetroot in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/bin/core_perl:/usr/lib/qt4/bin)
which: no xsetroot in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/bin/core_perl:/usr/lib/qt4/bin)
[idesk] Background's file not found.
[idesk] Background's source not found.
tint2 : nb monitor 1, nb monitor used 1, nb desktop 4
tint2 : pixmap background detection failed
N: [pulseaudio] main.c: User-configured server at {516b62f4fff349ef93a74476ea9c3bd0}unix:/run/user/1000/pulse/native, which appears to be local. Probing deeper.

(process:589): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion `sys_page_size == 0' failed

** (firefox:589): WARNING **: Failed to find domain member of JSON manifest

(firefox:589): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `GdkKeymap'

(firefox:589): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed

(firefox:589): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_keymap_have_bidi_layouts: assertion `GDK_IS_KEYMAP (keymap)' failed 

Not sure about what's is the most relevant part though hmm.

Regards

Thanks! Was that from the Unity session? I see tint2 in there, so it seems like the log is for openbox.

You'll need to log into the non-working Unity session and copy the ~/.xsession-errors somewhere else (like /tmp/). Otherwise, your next login will overwrite it smile

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2013-05-01 02:32:44)

#1990 2013-05-01 02:49:41

Silex89

chenxiaolong wrote:

Thanks! Was that from the Unity session? I see tint2 in there, so it seems like the log is for openbox.

You'll need to log into the non-working Unity session and copy the ~/.xsession-errors somewhere else (like /tmp/). Otherwise, your next login will overwrite it smile

Woah.... What a big surprise. I did what you just told me and Unity magically started. I don't know what I did but it's working now hmm

Here's the log you asked. Please, check for issues.

compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: core
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: core
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ccp
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ccp

(gnome-settings-daemon:1141): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get edid: unable to get EDID for output
+ dconf load /com/canonical/unity/
+ dconf dump /desktop/unity/

(gnome-settings-daemon:1141): color-plugin-WARNING **: unable to get EDID for xrandr-LVDS: unable to get EDID for output
+ dconf reset -f /desktop/unity/

(process:1167): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: g_settings_set_value: value for key 'visual-bell-type' in schema 'org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences' is outside of valid range
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: composite
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: composite
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: opengl

** (telepathy-indicator:1193): WARNING **: could not find the desktop file for 'empathy.desktop'
compiz (core) - Info: Unity is fully supported by your hardware.
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: opengl
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: copytex
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: copytex
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: decor
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: decor
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: mousepoll
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: mousepoll
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: move
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: move
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: compiztoolbox
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: compiztoolbox
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: snap
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: snap
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: regex
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: regex
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: place
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: place
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: imgpng
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: imgpng
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: vpswitch
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: vpswitch
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: grid
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: grid
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: gnomecompat
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: gnomecompat
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: resize
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: resize
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: animation
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: animation
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: wall
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: wall
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: session
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: session
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/daniel/.compiz/session/107d377e8fd322ecac136736174272652300000010850001"
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: expo
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: expo
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: fade
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: fade
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: workarounds
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: workarounds
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ezoom
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ezoom
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: scale
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: scale
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unityshell
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unityshell

** (nm-applet:1192): WARNING **: Could not find ShellVersion property on org.gnome.Shell after 5 tries

EDIT: Never mind. I just rebooted and everything was working with no issues. The only things that aren't working are the global menus for Firefox and Thunderbird. I apologize for making you lose your valuable time, Chen.

Regards

Last edited by Silex89 (2013-05-01 03:16:07)

Best Guitar Solo Ever

#1991 2013-05-01 03:36:09

chenxiaolong

Silex89 wrote:

Woah.... What a big surprise. I did what you just told me and Unity magically started. I don't know what I did but it's working now hmm

Well, at least Unity works now tongue

Silex89 wrote:

Here's the log you asked. Please, check for issues.

(gnome-settings-daemon:1141): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get edid: unable to get EDID for output
+ dconf load /com/canonical/unity/
+ dconf dump /desktop/unity/

(gnome-settings-daemon:1141): color-plugin-WARNING **: unable to get EDID for xrandr-LVDS: unable to get EDID for output
+ dconf reset -f /desktop/unity/

(process:1167): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: g_settings_set_value: value for key 'visual-bell-type' in schema 'org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences' is outside of valid range

** (telepathy-indicator:1193): WARNING **: could not find the desktop file for 'empathy.desktop'
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: imgpng
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/daniel/.compiz/session/107d377e8fd322ecac136736174272652300000010850001"
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unityshell

** (nm-applet:1192): WARNING **: Could not find ShellVersion property on org.gnome.Shell after 5 tries

The log looks fine. Everything is normal, except for the EDID lines caused by the fglrx drivers (which aren't a problem at all if your screen resolution is detected properly).

Silex89 wrote:

EDIT: Never mind. I just rebooted and everything was working with no issues. The only things that aren't working are the global menus for Firefox and Thunderbird. I apologize for making you lose your valuable time, Chen.

Regards

Don't say that! I try my best to make Unity work well for everyone. That's why I'm here on the Arch forums big_smile

I'll take a look at the Firefox and Thunderbird global menus tomorrow. Firefox should be very easy to fix, but Thunderbird will be a little harder because it's version is older than the version of xulrunner.

Anyway, enjoy Unity on Arch!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the launcher autohide feature will not work with the fglrx drivers, since they still require an older version of Xorg.

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2013-05-01 03:40:22)

#1992 2013-05-02 13:58:52

kuglee

Regarding the autohiding with fglrx, I've been using the compiz command plugin with this command set to the left edge:
"xdotool key alt+F1; sleep 0.4; xdotool key Left"
The catch is you have to move the mouse when the launcher unhides, but that's natural for me. I've tried to move the mouse with xdotool but I couldn't get it to work.

#1993 2013-05-02 20:00:55

gianluca.pettinello

Latest update from Arch has broken Unity again... boooh!

#1994 2013-05-03 19:37:25

samuaz

gianluca.pettinello wrote:

Latest update from Arch has broken Unity again... boooh!

for me are working fine, when i make the update and restart only see the cursor and the wallpaper so press F1 and wuala you have the desktop again

#1995 2013-05-03 20:45:35

Slovenijakp

I did an update (pacman -Syu) too and Unity stopped working sad Pressing F1 doesn't help.
I can see the cursor and wallpaper. Ctrl+Alt+T works and I can open terminal, window borders seems to be working too. If I type unity into terminal, this happens:

[slovenijakp@slovenijakp-pc ~]$ unity
unity-panel-service: no process found
compizconfig - Info: Backend     : gsettings
compizconfig - Info: Integration : true
compizconfig - Info: Profile     : unity
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: crashhandler
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: crashhandler
compiz (core) - Info: Unity is not supported by your hardware. Enabling software rendering instead (slow).
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: ezoom
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: scale
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: expo
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: workarounds
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: fade
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: wall
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: gnomecompat
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: session
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: animation
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: regex
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: resize
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: mousepoll
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: snap
compiz (core) - Info: Stopping plugin: compiztoolbox
compiz (core) - Error: Failed to load plugin: imgpng
compiz (core) - Error: Failed to load plugin: unitymtgrabhandles

It seems like it fails to load imgpng, which is required to load unitymtgrabhandles. And without unitymtgrabhandles, Unity can't load the menus. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
I hope we can fix this and make Unity work again.

Slovenijakp smile

#1996 2013-05-04 02:15:58

samuaz

@Slovenijakp

try to start first the gnome-session if only show mouse and wallpaper press f1 for see if your desktop its charged, and after start the unity session

dont know why but for me press f1 make the desktop work :S

#1997 2013-05-04 06:53:27

chenxiaolong

For every one who has a broken Unity right now, can you please post the part of /var/log/pacman.conf where you did the update? (The time is listed in the log)

The only package from Unity-for-Arch that was updated in the past few days was gnome-control-center-ubuntu, which doesn't affect the startup of Unity. A regular update to an Arch package must have broken it (although Unity still works perfectly fine here).

For reference, the updates I received since 2013-04-30 are colord, gcc-libs, gcc, glibmm, gtkmm3, vim-runtime, gvim, zlib, libdvbpsi, libldap, openldap, pciutils, perl-libwww, python2-sqlalchemy, wine, dbus, python-pyasn1, python2-pyasn1, bash-completion, util-linux.

Did anyone else get any other updates?

@Slovenijakp: Could you post the output of

ldd /usr/lib/compiz/libimgpng.so

By the way, unitymtgrabhandles are the multitouch components of Unity.

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2013-05-04 06:55:31)

#1998 2013-05-04 17:04:52

Slovenijakp

Here is the output:

[slovenijakp@slovenijakp-pc ~]$ ldd /usr/lib/compiz/libimgpng.so
	linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fff13f79000)
	libpng15.so.15 => not found
	libcompiz_core.so.ABI-20130125 => /usr/lib/libcompiz_core.so.ABI-20130125 (0x00007f794bcfd000)
	libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f794b9f9000)
	libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f794b7e2000)
	libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007f794b435000)
	libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x00007f794b0fc000)
	libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0x00007f794aef1000)
	libXinerama.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXinerama.so.1 (0x00007f794acee000)
	libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x00007f794aadb000)
	libICE.so.6 => /usr/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x00007f794a8be000)
	libSM.so.6 => /usr/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x00007f794a6b6000)
	libglibmm-2.4.so.1 => /usr/lib/libglibmm-2.4.so.1 (0x00007f794a449000)
	libglib-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x00007f794a14a000)
	libsigc-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0 (0x00007f7949f44000)
	libstartup-notification-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so.0 (0x00007f7949d3b000)
	libpthread.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f7949b1e000)
	libdl.so.2 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f794991a000)
	libm.so.6 => /usr/lib/libm.so.6 (0x00007f794961c000)
	/usr/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f794c209000)
	libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1 (0x00007f79493fc000)
	libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x00007f79491f1000)
	libuuid.so.1 => /usr/lib/libuuid.so.1 (0x00007f7948fec000)
	libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0x00007f7948d9c000)
	libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (0x00007f7948b98000)
	libpcre.so.1 => /usr/lib/libpcre.so.1 (0x00007f7948935000)
	libxcb-util.so.1 => /usr/lib/libxcb-util.so.1 (0x00007f794872f000)
	libX11-xcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libX11-xcb.so.1 (0x00007f794852d000)
	libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0x00007f7948329000)
	libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXdmcp.so.6 (0x00007f7948122000)
	libffi.so.6 => /usr/lib/libffi.so.6 (0x00007f7947f1a000)

For the update, here is what I updated. (Just FYI, it's pacman.log, not pacman.conf)

[2013-05-03 17:40] [PACMAN] Running 'pacman -Syu'
[2013-05-03 17:40] [PACMAN] synchronizing package lists
[2013-05-03 17:40] [PACMAN] starting full system upgrade
[2013-05-03 18:12] [ALPM] warning: /usr/lib/avahi/service-types.db installed as /usr/lib/avahi/service-types.db.pacnew
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded avahi (0.6.31-6 -> 0.6.31-7)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded zlib (1.2.7-1 -> 1.2.8-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded binutils-multilib (2.23.2-1 -> 2.23.2-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded libpng (1.5.15-1 -> 1.6.2-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded cairo (1.12.14-3 -> 1.12.14-4)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded cairomm (1.10.0-2 -> 1.10.0-3)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded dbus (1.6.8-6 -> 1.6.10-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded colord (0.1.33-1 -> 0.1.34-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded util-linux (2.22.2-2 -> 2.23-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded cryptsetup (1.6.0-1 -> 1.6.1-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded dhcpcd (5.6.7-1 -> 5.6.8-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] gtk-update-icon-cache: error while loading shared libraries: libpng15.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded firefox (20.0.1-2 -> 20.0.1-4)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-glibc (2.17-4 -> 2.17-5)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-gcc-libs (4.8.0-1 -> 4.8.0-4)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gcc-libs-multilib (4.8.0-1 -> 4.8.0-4)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gcc-multilib (4.8.0-1 -> 4.8.0-4)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gd (2.0.36RC1-5 -> 2.0.36RC1-6)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] g_module_open() failed for /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so: libpng15.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gdk-pixbuf2 (2.28.1-1 -> 2.28.1-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gegl (0.2.0-7 -> 0.2.0-8)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] g_module_open() failed for /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so: libpng15.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded libwmf (0.2.8.4-9 -> 0.2.8.4-10)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded librsvg (2.37.0-1 -> 2.37.0-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gimp (2.8.4-1 -> 2.8.4-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded glibmm (2.36.0-1 -> 2.36.2-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded libpulse (3.0-3 -> 3.99.1-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gst-plugins-good (1.0.7-1 -> 1.0.7-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gstreamer0.10 (0.10.36-1 -> 0.10.36-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gstreamer0.10-good (0.10.31-1 -> 0.10.31-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gstreamer0.10-good-plugins (0.10.31-1 -> 0.10.31-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded gtkmm3 (3.8.0-1 -> 3.8.1-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded perl-libwww (6.04-1 -> 6.05-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded icoutils (0.30.0-1 -> 0.30.0-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded imagemagick (6.8.4.10-1 -> 6.8.5.3-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded imlib2 (1.4.5-2 -> 1.4.5-4)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded jre7-openjdk-headless (7.u21_2.3.9-1 -> 7.u21_2.3.9-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded jre7-openjdk (7.u21_2.3.9-1 -> 7.u21_2.3.9-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded jdk7-openjdk (7.u21_2.3.9-1 -> 7.u21_2.3.9-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded soprano (2.9.0-2 -> 2.9.1-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded kdelibs (4.10.2-3 -> 4.10.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-alsa-lib (1.0.26-1 -> 1.0.27-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-zlib (1.2.7-1 -> 1.2.8-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-glib2 (2.34.3-1 -> 2.36.1-3)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-atk (2.6.0-1 -> 2.8.0-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-libpng (1.5.14-1 -> 1.6.2-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-fontconfig (2.10.2-1 -> 2.10.92-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-nvidia-utils (313.30-1 -> 313.30-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-nvidia-libgl (313.30-1 -> 313.30-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-cairo (1.12.14-3 -> 1.12.14-4)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-gdk-pixbuf2 (2.26.5-1 -> 2.28.1-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-harfbuzz (0.9.14-1 -> 0.9.16-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-pango (1.32.5-1 -> 1.34.0-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-libxi (1.7-1 -> 1.7.1-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-gtk2 (2.24.17-1 -> 2.24.17-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded libldap (2.4.35-1 -> 2.4.35-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-libldap (2.4.34-1 -> 2.4.35-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-krb5 (1.11.1-1 -> 1.11.2-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded libdrm (2.4.44-1 -> 2.4.44-2)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-libdrm (2.4.43-1 -> 2.4.44-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-libgcrypt (1.5.1-1 -> 1.5.2-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-sqlite (3.7.16-1 -> 3.7.16.2-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-qt4 (4.8.4-4 -> 4.8.4-5)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-systemd (200-1 -> 202-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded lib32-util-linux (2.22.2-1 -> 2.23-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded libdvbpsi (0.2.2-1 -> 1:0.2.2-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded libgdiplus (2.10-3 -> 2.10-4)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded libkate (0.4.1-3 -> 0.4.1-4)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded libpipeline (1.2.2-1 -> 1.2.3-1)
[2013-05-03 18:12] [PACMAN] upgraded poppler (0.22.3-2 -> 0.22.3-3)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-common (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-base (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-calc (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-draw (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-gnome (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-impress (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-kde4 (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-math (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-postgresql-connector (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-sdk (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-sdk-doc (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libreoffice-writer (4.0.2-3 -> 4.0.2-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libtracker-sparql (0.16.0-5 -> 0.16.1-1)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded libwebp (0.3.0-1 -> 0.3.0-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded linux-firmware (20121118-1 -> 20130430-1)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded mkinitcpio (0.13.0-1 -> 0.14.0-1)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] >>> Updating module dependencies. Please wait ...
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] >>> Generating initial ramdisk, using mkinitcpio.  Please wait...
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux.preset: 'default'
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-linux -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-linux.img
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> Starting build: 3.9.0-2-ARCH
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [base]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [udev]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [autodetect]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [modconf]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [block]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [filesystems]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [keyboard]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [fsck]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> Generating module dependencies
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> Creating gzip initcpio image: /boot/initramfs-linux.img
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> Image generation successful
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux.preset: 'fallback'
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-linux -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-linux-fallback.img -S autodetect
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> Starting build: 3.9.0-2-ARCH
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [base]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [udev]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [modconf]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [block]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: aic94xx
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: bfa
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [filesystems]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [keyboard]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]   -> Running build hook: [fsck]
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> Generating module dependencies
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> Creating gzip initcpio image: /boot/initramfs-linux-fallback.img
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> Image generation successful
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded linux (3.8.10-1 -> 3.9-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded linux-headers (3.8.10-1 -> 3.9-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded lirc-utils (1:0.9.0-43 -> 1:0.9.0-44)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded logrotate (3.8.3-1 -> 3.8.4-1)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded mjpegtools (2.0.0-2 -> 2.0.0-3)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded mplayer (35920-1 -> 35920-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded nvidia (313.30-5 -> 313.30-6)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded opencv (2.4.5-2 -> 2.4.5-3)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded pciutils (3.1.10-1 -> 3.2.0-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded poppler-qt (0.22.3-2 -> 0.22.3-3)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] >>> If you have per-user copies of configuration files (such as client.conf,
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]     daemon.conf or default.pa) in ~/.pulse/, make sure you keep them in sync
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]     with changes to the packaged files in /etc/pulse/. Otherwise, PulseAudio
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]     may refuse to start due to configuration errors.
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded pulseaudio (3.0-3 -> 3.99.1-1)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] installed python2-crypto (2.6-3)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded python2-keyring (1.2.2-1 -> 1.2.2-103)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded python2-magic (0.4.0-1 -> 5.11-101)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded python2-oauth2 (1.5.211-1 -> 1.5.211-101)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded sdl_image (1.2.12-2 -> 1.2.12-3)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded python2-pygame (1.9.1-7 -> 1.9.1-8)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded python2-sqlalchemy (0.8.0-1 -> 0.8.1-1)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded qrencode (3.4.2-1 -> 3.4.2-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded sox (14.4.1-1 -> 14.4.1-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] if you are running x86_64, you need the lib32 opt depends for your driver
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] 
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]  if you are having problems with the steam license, remove .steam and .local/share/Steam
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded steam (1.0.0.36-1 -> 1.0.0.38-1)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded system-config-printer (1.3.12-2 -> 1.4.0-1)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded terminator (0.96-4 -> 0.97-1)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded unrar (4.2.4-1 -> 5.0.2-1)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] In order to use the new version, reload all virtualbox modules manually.
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded virtualbox-host-modules (4.2.12-3 -> 4.2.12-4)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded virtualbox (4.2.12-1 -> 4.2.12-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded zvbi (0.2.33-4 -> 0.2.33-5)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded vlc (2.0.6-1 -> 2.0.6-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded webkitgtk3 (2.0.1-1 -> 2.0.1-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded wine (1.5.27-1 -> 1.5.29-2)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded wxgtk (2.8.12.1-4 -> 2.8.12.1-5)
[2013-05-03 18:13] [PACMAN] upgraded xulrunner (20.0-1 -> 20.0-2)

If you find something that causes the problem, I can downgrade the packages (they are still in my cache).
By the way, if you look in first log, you can see the "unity-panel-service: no process found". This is why panel doesn't start, right?
If I try to enable Unity plugin in ccsm, I get this.

compiz (core) - Error: Failed to load plugin: unityshell

Downgrading lib32-libpng package didn't help. I'm running out of ideas.
Edit: I did something awful, and broke the system. I'll have to reinstall. I'll report if Unity will work on the fresh install. smile

Last edited by Slovenijakp (2013-05-04 18:32:46)

#1999 2013-05-04 22:13:31

divansantana

Mine with latest updates is fine.

#2000 2013-05-04 22:54:28

jakeshammer

Yeah, my Unity working fine too after latest updates.

Board footer