You are not logged in.

#1 2003-09-14 01:41:59

deepfreeze

What's in the works for 0.6?

This is more of a "I'm kinda curious..." thread, but I am just wondering what the developers have in mind for the 0.6 release? Or are the developers not really looking at 0.6 but just going to work on things until they feel ready for a 1.0 release? Aside from documentation (which is improving every day...great job on that!) and maybe some things on the installer (though I have never had an issue with it and think it's pretty good), what else really needs to be addressed?

Again, I'm not trying to criticize what's been done so far because this is the first distro that has stayed on my box for longer than 3 months (I'm nearing 1 year with Arch now) and I really love it...but I can't help but wonder what's being worked on now?  big_smile

My hovercraft is full of eels.

#2 2003-09-14 03:34:05

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: What's in the works for 0.6?

deepfreeze wrote:

This is more of a "I'm kinda curious..." thread, but I am just wondering what the developers have in mind for the 0.6 release?

We both join Arch Linux at the same time (one day difference) and have same "curious" mind smile. Also Arch Linux has stayed on my machine since then. Did you read topic " What will Arch Linux 1.0 become?" posted jan 27,  2003?

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=336

Markku

#3 2003-09-14 07:22:12

Howloweener

Something mentioned in that tread was the idea of automagically adding packages to the menus.  If nothing else arch could just have a 'program folder' to spit links, and perhaps icons into.  Then the user could put the shortcut wherever they want.  At the very least you could peruse through the folder to figure out what in the heck you've got installed  wink

#4 2003-09-14 09:14:25

Mork II

That's a good idea, Howloweener. I hope it can and will get done..

Board footer