You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-29 22:59:08

Who'sThere?

[Solved] Thunar: No mount points after update

Hi again... *sigh*

After doing a full system update, Thunar no longer seems to be showing any mount points, dynamic or otherwise, in the left panel other than 'root' & 'File system'.

It doesn't show any of my other internal partitions, or removable media when plugged in anymore. I went back through the wiki, and redid what I did the first time to enable the behavior I wanted with no results.

I scanned for any *.pacnew packages before I had found this issue, and had merged them. Off the top of my head, all I remember merging was the 'tmpfs     /tmp     tmpfs     nodev,nosuid     0     0' line to my fstab. Nothing else was changed.

I normally launched the desktop with the 'xinit /usr/bin/openbox-session' command.

Last edited by Who'sThere? (2011-08-31 14:33:10)

Arch Linux: x86_64, Default Kernel.
Repos: Core, Extra, Community, Multilib.

#2 2011-08-29 23:56:06

djhalolegend

Re: [Solved] Thunar: No mount points after update

I had the same issue, no drives and no trash. My .xinitrc file was missing dbus-launch:

exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch openbox-session

I launch via startx.

Last edited by djhalolegend (2011-08-30 00:05:52)

#3 2011-08-30 06:10:42

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

I thought dbus-launch was made redundant, but I might have to check again... I have no mounting possibilities anymore for removable devices as well for a while.

Edit: moving this snippet from $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/openbox/autostart to $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/openbox/environment got me my removable drives back:

if which dbus-launch >/dev/null && test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS"; then
       eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session`
fi

Might be just the same as using dbus-launch though, I'm not using it.

Last edited by .:B:. (2011-08-30 15:30:50)

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#4 2011-08-30 23:35:56

Who'sThere?

.:B:. wrote:

I thought dbus-launch was made redundant, but I might have to check again... I have no mounting possibilities anymore for removable devices as well for a while.

Edit: moving this snippet from $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/openbox/autostart to $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/openbox/environment got me my removable drives back:

if which dbus-launch >/dev/null && test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS"; then
       eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session`
fi

Might be just the same as using dbus-launch though, I'm not using it.

I didn't use dbus-launch before the update. Unless of course... it was already in the '/etc/xdg/openbox/autostart.sh' file. After adding the script from above to that file, my partitions, removable drives, and trash are back (50GB needing emptying). Thanks.

I don't use a user based, or even the global, xinit config file to launch X. I prefer to use the xinit command to launch single apps in their own x session from the cli every now, and then. My normal method is to alias the command from my first post in this thread to 'startx', or something like 'xwin'. This is what I had been using since the update before last about a month ago.

Before I mark this as solved, can I ask how you figured that out, and will this be automated for future openbox upgrades?

Last edited by Who'sThere? (2011-08-30 23:36:40)

#5 2011-08-31 06:41:03

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

I figured this out because someone pointed me to the environment file, which is new as of 3.5.0, and my SSH agent stuff wasn't working anymore in autostart. Moving that code into environment fixed that. Turns out same goes for the D-Bus stuff...

I don't think this will be automated, unless upstream does it. Arch devs will certainly not do so, that's not how this distro works.

Guess I'm gonna edit that Arch wiki once more.

Last edited by .:B:. (2011-08-31 06:49:32)

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#6 2011-08-31 14:32:41

Who'sThere?

Since the behavior of a package had been changed, I'm surprised to see that it missed the Arch Linux news page. So pretty much, the new changes to OpenBox break the now defunct default install of older versions.

Well again, thanks for your help.

Board footer