You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-30 03:54:30

nedlinin

unable to get rutorrent working.. any assistance would be appreciated!

Well, I recently dived into Arch Linux as the distro of choice for my new server.  I'm was an Ubuntu user (desktop, not server) so after a bit of time I got myself setup and going.

However, I have hit a snag that I can't seem to fix after a few hours of working/searching.

I have rTorrent installed and working, and I have Apache installed and serving out pages.  However, I can't seem to get ruTorrent installed and working!

I setup mod_scgi and SCGIMount in my Apache config and when I load ruTorrent in my browser I end up getting a JS error (Uncaught Syntax).  If I try to use proxy_pass I end up with a "Bad Response from server: (200[parseerror,getuisettings]) error complaining about ./uisettings.json.

Has anyone run into an issue like this/know where I might have messed something up?

#2 2011-08-30 15:03:06

nedlinin

Re: unable to get rutorrent working.. any assistance would be appreciated!

Bump/update:

Ended up finding out that ruTorrent works great if I access it from the local machine.  However, if I try to access it from elsewhere, it gives me the errors from above.  So, currently I am opening a SOCKS proxy using SSH and using ruTorrent through that. But, I'd love to get it working so I don't have the extra step.

#3 2011-08-30 15:41:30

tomk
Forum Fellow

You need php also - you didn't say whether you have installed it or not.

I found the install info on rutorrent's website useful.

#4 2011-08-30 15:45:15

nedlinin

tomk wrote:

You need php also - you didn't say whether you have installed it or not.

I found the install info on rutorrent's website useful.

Sorry for not saying it but PHP is installed.  Again, the webUI is working fantastically for me now except for the inability to access it from anywhere but the localhost.  The webserver is accessible from anywhere but the ruTorrent UI fails if not accessed from localhost.

Board footer