You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-07 00:56:55

RobertBuhren

[SOLVED]Compiz + lxpanel not working with more than one desktop.

Hi there,

i`m using lxde as a DE, but with compiz as my window-manager. instead of openbox I have two desktops configured in compiz, but it seems like lxde is not aware von these. The lxpanel taskbar shows all windows from both desktops, although it`s configured to not show them. I set "virtual-desktops" to "2" and "vertical-desktop" also to "2" in ccsm.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

PS: I just checked: xfce4-panel behaves the same way hmm

Last edited by RobertBuhren (2011-09-07 22:39:02)

#2 2011-09-07 20:20:00

Unia
Website

Re: [SOLVED]Compiz + lxpanel not working with more than one desktop.

Compiz has Viewports and Desktops. Which one do you use? The option for both of these is on the same tab in CCSM. I'm using four Viewports on one line (so only horizontal) and the xfce workspace plugin works for me. Also try the Shiny Switcher plugin I mentioned in the screenshots thread.

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#3 2011-09-07 20:59:38

RobertBuhren

Thanks for the reply,

my settings are like this: two Viewports in one line and 1 desktop. I just found out, that it is working with awn, but only if i leave the desktop setting to 1. If i increase this value, all of the windows from all desktops are shown in the panel. I had a look at my ubuntu with gnome and there it is the same, when in increase the destop setting, all windows from all desktops are shown in the gnome-panel. This way it is working for awn and xfce4-panel but not for tint2 and lxpanel...
I`d be happy if someone has a more detailed explanation about whats going on.

greets,

Robert

#4 2011-09-07 22:23:47

Unia
Website

My guess would be that tint2 and lxpanel are only set to work with "real virtual desktops", whereas you could consider Viewports to be "fake virtual desktops" (they're basically a virtual desktop in a virtual desktop, savvy? ;p)

I'm using only one desktop, with four (horizontal) viewports. It works in xfce4-panel and AWN, not with tint2. Lemme know if you need anything else!

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#5 2011-09-07 22:38:43

RobertBuhren

Thanks i think this could be mentioned in the wiki, i`ll have a look at this tomorrow.

BTW: How to you start your desktop and e.g. avant-window-navigator?

greets,

Robert

Board footer