You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-12 23:30:10

oldpond

Address Book Horror

Anyone know of a good address book app?  It seems I am forever importing and exporting address books from one machine to another, trying match up fields, deleting empty records, merging duplicates...ugh.  Today I tried exporting my google contacts for import into Thunderbird.  I tried both csv and vcard, and none of them had phone numbers after the import.  I tried the same thing from my Android phone, and again, no phone numbers.  I don't mind taking the time to get them all entered correctly if I know I can count on the data not getting messed up over time.

oldpond = glide

#2 2011-09-13 00:44:36

defears

#3 2011-09-13 01:12:55

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Address Book Horror

Did you try searching for solutions (or even reading any sort of documentation?) Google contacts to Android phones is just about as automated as it can be, true sync rather than exporting and importing.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2011-09-13 01:19:46

oldpond

Re: Address Book Horror

Thx, problem solved.

oldpond = glide

Board footer