You are not logged in.

#1 2003-09-15 15:44:05

dp
Website

namcap ... a suggestion

[...]
texmacs    W: File (usr/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/maple_filter) exists in a non-standard directory.
texmacs    W: File (usr/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/reduce_filter) exists in a non-standard directory.
texmacs    W: File (usr/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/tm_mupad_help) exists in a non-standard directory.
texmacs    W: File (usr/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/maxima_filter) exists in a non-standard directory.
texmacs    W: File (usr/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/tm_maxima) exists in a non-standard directory.
texmacs    W: File (usr/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/tm_octave) exists in a non-standard directory.
texmacs    W: File (usr/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/tm_reduce) exists in a non-standard directory.
texmacs    W: File (usr/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/tm_gnuplot) exists in a non-standard directory.
texmacs    W: File (usr/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/tm_graphviz) exists in a non-standard directory.
[...]

... is there a flag for telling namcap not to tell that "$FILE exists in a non-standard directory."? --- or only output dependences-problems?

if no, it would be great there is one

what about a man page for namcap? it is a great tool and an important part of archlinux

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#2 2003-09-15 17:24:02

Toth

Re: namcap ... a suggestion

Well, something looks screwy with that package. There should be no usr directory under /usr. It's probably a good thing namcap pointed that out.

#3 2003-09-15 17:55:40

sarah31
Website

yeah likely used DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg/usr instead of DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#4 2003-09-15 18:17:08

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Everything namcap says has a reason.  But if you just want to do dependency checking (not suggested usage) namcap has a -r arguement to pass a comma delimited list of rules.  Type 'namcap -h' to find out what else you can do with it.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#5 2003-09-15 19:11:01

dp
Website

Toth wrote:

Well, something looks screwy with that package. There should be no usr directory under /usr. It's probably a good thing namcap pointed that out.

sarah31 wrote:

yeah likely used DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg/usr instead of DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg

yes, i know, that was a forced reproduce of this ... because i got this error on at least 4 packages that are not really software (xmms-skins ...) but didnt want to rebuild them to reproduce this error, and texmacs was the package i was building right now, so just changed installpath to have namcap telling me what i wanted to :-) ... thanx anyway

Xentac wrote:

Everything namcap says has a reason. But if you just want to do dependency checking (not suggested usage) namcap has a -r arguement to pass a comma delimited list of rules. Type 'namcap -h' to find out what else you can do with it.

ok, thats what i wanted to know ... thanx a lot ... here for all other interested people

[damir@Asteraceae building]$ namcap -h
usage: /usr/bin/namcap [-r rulelist | --rules=rulelist] [-i | --info] package ..
       -r list    : returns list of available rules
       -i         : prints information responses from rules
[damir@Asteraceae building]$ namcap -r list
-------------------- Namcap rule list --------------------
gnome-menu          : Verifies gnome menu items are in the right directory.
directoryname       : Checks for standard directories.
symlink             : Checks that symlinks point to the right place
depends             : Checks dependencies semi-smartly.
fileownership       : Checks file ownership.
permissions         : Checks file permissions.

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Board footer