You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-18 02:42:21

Enders_Game

archsetup exitting with error. Install package step

I set the packages I want (I need wireless capabilities) and when I go to the install packages step the installer exits with the errors

cat: /tmp/aif/aif-pacman_installpkg-exit: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/tmp/air/aif-pacman_installpkg-ext': No such file or directory
/usr/lib/aif/core/libs/lib-misc.sh: line 90: kill: Can't: arguments must be process or job IDs
ERROR: Internal AIF error, the following call failed: wait_for pacman_installpkg
Can't open input file in dialog_tailbox().. This should never happen

I then try to rerun arch setup, but the process seems to be still active so when I go to redo my file partioning (which it says I have to redo again). It cant unmount my / partition.
So I checked out fuser, and nothing came up, then I tried killall root. And still nothing. So I rebooted fresh and restarted and got the same situation again.

Any suggestions? google sort of failed me...

extra info:

cdrom, netinstall, Wireless WPA connection

edit2: ill try burning new cd.

edit3: burning new cd with coreinstall failed. I tried it again (downloaded coreinstall instead of netinstall too) and the same thing happened.

Last edited by Enders_Game (2011-09-18 03:25:25)

#2 2011-09-18 03:27:46

Enders_Game

Re: archsetup exitting with error. Install package step

OK so if anyone ever has these sorts of problems (everything breaking at once). Suggest they burn their cd at slower x value smile.

fixed!

Last edited by Enders_Game (2011-09-18 15:24:50)

#3 2011-09-18 06:16:45

sunnieside-up

Re: archsetup exitting with error. Install package step

Netinstall is kinda weird.... I recommend using the core image, it's only about 300MB

Board footer