You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-29 07:26:19

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

[Gnome 3.2] Evolution segfaulting randomly again

I had this problem during the 3.0 cycle as well, but I compiled my own 3.1.* evo/evo-data-server and it worked fine. The problem is now back with the upgrade to 3.2.

I will (eventually) compile debug packages and post a trace to the bugzilla. However, seeing as I had no problems before this running 3.1.*, I suspect the segfaulting may be caused by evolution being in-sync (version-wise) with the rest of gnome 3's components.

Wonder, any comments on likely sources of this?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2011-09-29 08:30:09

wonder
Developer
Website

Re: [Gnome 3.2] Evolution segfaulting randomly again

nope, fire up the debug. you need at least evolution-data-server, evolution, gtk3 and glib2 with symbols.
let me know if you need help

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#3 2011-09-29 23:37:56

jesusjimenez

ngoonee wrote:

I had this problem during the 3.0 cycle as well, but I compiled my own 3.1.* evo/evo-data-server and it worked fine. The problem is now back with the upgrade to 3.2.

I will (eventually) compile debug packages and post a trace to the bugzilla. However, seeing as I had no problems before this running 3.1.*, I suspect the segfaulting may be caused by evolution being in-sync (version-wise) with the rest of gnome 3's components.

Wonder, any comments on likely sources of this?

Do you have the Tracker plugin activated? My Evo is stable after deactivating this plugin.

#4 2011-09-30 01:53:30

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

wonder wrote:

nope, fire up the debug. you need at least evolution-data-server, evolution, gtk3 and glib2 with symbols.
let me know if you need help

Nah, that's fine, I still have an email from the evo team from the last time (which included cairo as well, I believe). Will do so when I have the time to compile everything.

jesusjimenez wrote:

Do you have the Tracker plugin activated? My Evo is stable after deactivating this plugin.

No, no tracker plugin, thanks anyway smile

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer