You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-02 00:39:45

llamallama
Member
Registered: 2011-10-02
Posts: 6

Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

I designed a vinyl Arch sticker for my Macbook Pro. I've included links to the source file as well.

End Product: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/144408/macbook_sticker.jpg
Source SVG: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/144408/arch_linux_final.svg

What do you think?

Last edited by llamallama (2011-10-08 16:48:02)

Offline

#2 2011-10-02 00:57:38

Xyzodiac
Member
Registered: 2011-08-07
Posts: 17

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

llamallama wrote:

I designed a vinyl Arch sticker for my Macbook Pro. I've included links to the source file as well.

End Product: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/144408/macbook_sticker.jpg
Source SVG: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/144408/arch_linux_final.svg
I had it made here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/81340813/cu … -or-design

What do you think?

That's aweome man.

Last edited by Xyzodiac (2011-10-02 00:59:49)

Offline

#3 2011-10-02 21:30:17

sablabra
Member
Registered: 2008-07-21
Posts: 32

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

Looks great! Although I have to admit I don't quite fancy the "TM". Would look much nicer and cleaner without it

Offline

#4 2011-10-02 21:39:30

crucki
Member
Registered: 2010-06-24
Posts: 25

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

Really nice! :-)

Offline

#5 2011-10-08 15:35:00

llamallama
Member
Registered: 2011-10-02
Posts: 6

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

sablabra wrote:

Looks great! Although I have to admit I don't quite fancy the "TM". Would look much nicer and cleaner without it

Thanks!

To be honest, I don't either. Since I rather respect the distro and the people that build it, I'm just trying to stick with the Logo Usage guidelines. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … Guidelines

I may remove them at some point, though.

Last edited by llamallama (2011-10-08 15:35:17)

Offline

#6 2011-10-08 15:40:19

lifeafter2am
Member
From: .........
Registered: 2009-06-10
Posts: 1,325
Website

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

Wow, almost makes me wish I still had my MBP .... almost!  wink


#binarii @ irc.binarii.wtf
-------------
Allan -> ArchBang is not supported because it is stupid.

Offline

#7 2011-10-08 17:53:52

llamallama
Member
Registered: 2011-10-02
Posts: 6

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

lifeafter2am wrote:

Wow, almost makes me wish I still had my MBP .... almost!  wink

It's not a bad Linux machine. I dislike having to run things like Pommed and nvidiabl for basic functions like keyboard shortcuts and backlight control, however. What do you use now?

Offline

#8 2011-10-08 18:32:17

lifeafter2am
Member
From: .........
Registered: 2009-06-10
Posts: 1,325
Website

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

llamallama wrote:
lifeafter2am wrote:

Wow, almost makes me wish I still had my MBP .... almost!  wink

It's not a bad Linux machine. I dislike having to run things like Pommed and nvidiabl for basic functions like keyboard shortcuts and backlight control, however. What do you use now?

I remember somethings being a PITA to get working ... and I always had problems with the stupid GPT tables.  It worked well enough once it was up and running though.  Plus, IMO, for design / aesthetics it wins hands down.  smile

My current laptop is a Alienware M14x.  I work for a company that does work on video games, so I need a gaming laptop; but I also wanted one that was at least semi-portable as I do travel.  I am pretty happy with it thus far.


#binarii @ irc.binarii.wtf
-------------
Allan -> ArchBang is not supported because it is stupid.

Offline

#9 2011-10-08 21:21:36

llamallama
Member
Registered: 2011-10-02
Posts: 6

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

lifeafter2am wrote:
llamallama wrote:
lifeafter2am wrote:

Wow, almost makes me wish I still had my MBP .... almost!  wink

It's not a bad Linux machine. I dislike having to run things like Pommed and nvidiabl for basic functions like keyboard shortcuts and backlight control, however. What do you use now?

I remember somethings being a PITA to get working ... and I always had problems with the stupid GPT tables.  It worked well enough once it was up and running though.  Plus, IMO, for design / aesthetics it wins hands down.  smile

My current laptop is a Alienware M14x.  I work for a company that does work on video games, so I need a gaming laptop; but I also wanted one that was at least semi-portable as I do travel.  I am pretty happy with it thus far.

If you ever find yourself putting Linux on a Mac again, sync the partition tables with refit before and after partitioning. Then install grub to the boot partition and not the MBR. That saved me loads of trouble.

Offline

#10 2011-12-09 02:04:47

ioos
Member
Registered: 2011-01-25
Posts: 123

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

I'd like to get one of just the "A". Looking online there are tons of places that appear to do it. Where did you get yours printed?

Offline

#11 2011-12-09 04:08:37

llamallama
Member
Registered: 2011-10-02
Posts: 6

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

ioos wrote:

I'd like to get one of just the "A". Looking online there are tons of places that appear to do it. Where did you get yours printed?

I would look at etsy.com. In my original post, I provided a link to a shop there that specialized in custom MacBook decals but it disappeared. Perhaps you can find another.

Offline

#12 2013-07-01 13:54:14

llamallama
Member
Registered: 2011-10-02
Posts: 6

Re: Arch Macbook Pro Sticker

Just realized that I removed the SVG original. It's back up at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/144 … _final.svg

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB