You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-02 12:49:50

caligo

[SOLVED] Lenovo s10-3 black screen on resume from suspend

When I resume from suspend, the screen remains black. I suspect that the entire system crashes somehow as well, as the HD LED indicator remains dark and the physical wifi switch does not affect the wifi LED indicator.

With kernel 2.6, adding 'intel_idle.max_cstate=0' to the kernel boot options solved the problem. However, with kernel 3.x that no longer seems to work. I've been waiting for quite some time for a kernel update that would solve the problem, but so far the issue remains. A search on this forum and on google suggests that several people have similar issues, but so far I've found no solution or workaround.

My question, thus, is if there is any alternative to the now apparently defunct  'intel_idle.max_cstate=0' solution. Is there any point in trying another suspend method (currently using pm-utils)? Or is there perhaps a way to solving this using some custom kernel? With kernel 2.6 I don't even get to the gdm login screen, so using the LTS kernel does not seem like a viable option.

EDIT: Managed to solve it by adding nohpet to the kernel boot parameters (solution found here

Last edited by caligo (2011-10-13 17:31:39)

Board footer