You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-11 00:32:57

kholo

Netbook Asus : won't turn off correctly after suspend/resume

Hello,

I don't know if it is Archlinux related as I did not test it recently with others distributions, but I did not have this problem one year ago with Archlinux. Probably it appeared with one of the updates, but I can't tell when or what.

I have a netbook Asus EEEPC 1005P. Everything works fine, I can turn it off correctly if I don't close the lid when on battery.
If I do close the lid when on battery, (using laptop-mode and acpi-eeepc-generic, as suggested in the wiki), the netbook goes on suspend. It is the default behavior, and nothing is wrong here. I can use it correctly when re-opening it. But then it won't shutdown correctly.
When turning it off (by pushing the power button, or launching the command "halt" or "dbus-send [blabla-freedesktop-consolekit].Stop"), the system starts stopping the daemon, and then the screen goes all fuzzy, lines and pixels fly and blink all over the screen. And it becomes impossible to turn the computer off, even when pressing the power button down for five (or more) seconds. I have to take the battery off.

Does anyone have the same problem ? (and/or know how to remove it)

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

kholo

#2 2011-10-16 21:39:15

Strike0

Re: Netbook Asus : won't turn off correctly after suspend/resume

I had a similar problem that was caused by a wireless usb card in the netbook. Maybe look at the modules loaded for wifi and unload it manually before doing a suspend and see if the problem continues.

Board footer