You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-23 23:13:18

sammy

No sound on acer Aspire 7730

Hi,

I've installed arch linux (3.0) onto my acer aspire 7730 and everything seemed to go quite well.
However, I cannot get any sound out of either the built-in speakers or a set of headphones.

I've spent days googling this problem and trying various suggested settings to modprobe.conf, running alsamixer to adjust volume and try muting things etc...

Still nothing and have run out of ideas.  Can anyone help?

#2 2011-10-24 00:05:48

/dev/zero

Re: No sound on acer Aspire 7730

Possibly, someone would find it helpful if you could pastebin the outputs of amixer, lspci, and lsmod, to kick things off.

Also, if I stfw, I see various threads on other forums that consider sound problems with the Acer Aspire 7730. By listing some sources you've already tried, it would not only help you demonstrate your industriousness, but it would also help ensure the novelty of any solutions presented to you.

#3 2011-10-25 19:28:38

sammy

Re: No sound on acer Aspire 7730

OK, I've gone back and had another go.

To be honest I think I was just being dumb and I either hadn't un-muted something or (probably) had the PCM volume turned right down in alsamixer.

When I did get the sound working and playing some music using the audacious player it sound very fuzzy, but this was fixed by turning off the equalizer in the audacious player.

I removed the options I had put into modprobe.conf and it still worked, so I can confirm that sound does work through the built-in speakers on the Acer aspire 7730 with Arch 3, it's just a case of setting up alsamixer properly.

Thanks

Board footer