You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-26 22:58:20

darporfe

Problem with sound

Hi, I'm new at Arch Linux and some days ago I installed it without problems. But, well, I have two problems with the sound.

First I think you would need this:

Linux darporfe-arch 3.0-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 19 10:27:51 CEST 2011 x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

And I have KDE and an Asus Crosshair IV Formula motherboard

This is what I get of the aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: VT2020 Analog [VT2020 Analog]
  Subdevices: 0/2
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 1: VT2020 Digital [VT2020 Digital]
  Subdevices: 2/2
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
card 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1

Now, the motherboard comes with an optical interface and I have my speakers system connected through it. I've already done everything I found on the Wiki and I can't get it to work. But when I add this lines for have sound in flash to the .asoundrc.

pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
}

It works, and in the Sound Settings appears the IEC958, but it removes the Analog Output and I can't change the output to my headphones. And then when I restart it comes back to the default settings, and again I can't activate the SPDI/F. So at this moment I just can get sound from my headphones.

Also in the alsamixer the SPDI/F appears unmutted but I can't increase the level.

alsamixerw.png

Also, I have this on the /etc/rc.local

alsactl -f /var/lib/alsa/asound.state store

So I'm stuck in here, I don't know what else to do.

Also, the other problem is that if I have, let's say, the Amarok open and if I open a video I can't hear it. I need to close the Amarok and then open the video again. Also with the flash happens.

I hope anyone can help me.

Board footer