You are not logged in.

#1 2005-06-11 06:12:16

sud_crow
Website

Separate Inboxes in Evolution?

Does anyone know how to make separate inboxes for the different POP3 accounts in Evolution? i cant seem to find the way, and i would like to use it because of its Calendar feature.

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#2 2005-06-11 09:55:39

havli

Re: Separate Inboxes in Evolution?

not sure (never use evolution), but should be same like in KMail

you have 2 possibilities
make new folders (for required accounts) and

1) just filter by email address

2) You need for each account create new identity (where you specify email address - and in KMail sent and draft folder - if you want complete separate accounts) and in folder properties just associate with concrete identity.
If it's same like KMail, you should be able to specify destination folder in account's setting.

#3 2005-06-11 11:18:44

IceRAM
Website

In Kmail, you can set for each account a different INBOX.
See Kmail > Settings > Configure Kmail > Accounts > account_name > Modify > Destination folder

You can also set for each Identity a different sent-mail & drafts folder:
See Kmail > Settings > Configure Kmail > Identities > identity_name > Modify > Advanced > Sent-mail folder && Drafts folder

I've used evolution some time ago, until Kmail finaly got OpenPGP/MIME (not inline PGP). Well, I'm also a KDE user and KMail does what I want it to do.

#4 2005-06-13 02:31:05

sud_crow
Website

Well, i guess not that many people use Evolution with different POP3 accounts...

I know i can do it in Thunderbird.. cant understand why is not posible on Evolution.

I dont use KDE so using Kmail is a bit bloated for my taste.. but i may give it a try.

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

Board footer