You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-03 14:57:21

SeBO

Is forum account connected to AUR ?

I have working forum account but I can not loging with it to AUR to post comment under caudio package (solution  for problems described there). What I have to do to unlock/enable my account for/to AUR ?

#2 2011-11-03 14:59:53

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Is forum account connected to AUR ?

They are not connected.

#3 2011-11-03 15:36:59

karol
Archivist

You need to register on AUR separately.

#4 2011-11-04 19:05:37

SeBO

I cant use my username from forum ?? Thats weird smile, if forum is separated   from AUR why something like that happens ?

#5 2011-11-04 19:25:56

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

You can  use your forum username when registering on AUR if it's not already used by someone else.

#6 2011-11-04 19:28:06

flamelab

It would be nice to have a common account in the archlinux related sites (bbs,aur,bugs etc), instead of separate ones, though.

#7 2011-11-07 04:46:57

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

flamelab wrote:

It would be nice to have a common account in the archlinux related sites (bbs,aur,bugs etc), instead of separate ones, though.

I've seen previous discussion on that, but technically it would involve quite a bit of work, from what I can recall. Possible security problems as well. I'm sure if someone was wililng to step up and implement at least a proof-of-concept in linking fluxbb with the homegrown (as I understand it) software on the AUR and the wiki software it'd be accepted double-time smile.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#8 2011-11-08 06:56:14

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

ngoonee wrote:
flamelab wrote:

I've seen previous discussion on that, but technically it would involve quite a bit of work, from what I can recall. Possible security problems as well. I'm sure if someone was wililng to step up and implement at least a proof-of-concept in linking fluxbb with the homegrown (as I understand it) software on the AUR and the wiki software it'd be accepted double-time smile.

I believe there's also a long-standing bug report.

#9 2011-11-08 07:13:41

Pierre
Developer
Website

I have a plugin for the wiki to make use of the forums account. Unfortunately we already have separate wiki accounts and we cannot really use both. So migration would be the hard part and most likely cannot be done without loosing accounts.

#10 2011-11-08 09:01:25

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Thanks Snowman and Pierre for dropping by. I actually have more idle chatter to add to the topic but this thread isn't the right place, I'm sure. To the OP, hopefully your questions are answered, please mark [solved] if so.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer