You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-05 01:56:08

sublimepua

Can't suspend or hibernate on toshiba with a6-3400m and radeon 6520g

After working around problems with every other major faucet of the laptop experience going wrong, the only one that I am left with is the inability to suspend or hibernate. Pm-suspend doesn't work, and the xfce suspend still draws power and keeps the fan spinning. It seems impossible to get a true sleep or hibernate state. Has anyone had a similar problem with one of the new amd llano processors? I think its either that or the gpu, although with the llano its the same thing kinda. This new apu is great for gaming, but it does not like linux at all. The only thing keeping my windows partition alive is the fact that it can sleep, making it better for school. Can anyone help?

I get no error messages in /var/log/pm-suspend.log when a sleep fails. The symptoms are the screen going black with the backlight still running, and then the fan spinning up until I hold down the power button to reboot a few minutes later. When it does reboot, it reboots into a black screen with all of the LEDs bright and unblinking. Holding down the power button doesn't even give me an acpi shutdown, something which I thought was hardwired into laptops! I have to remove the battery and the cord. Rebooting and shutting down works fine though. Has anyone seen this before?

#2 2011-11-17 07:10:46

hotweiss
Website

Re: Can't suspend or hibernate on toshiba with a6-3400m and radeon 6520g

I have the same problem with Ubuntu.  I am hoping that these issues will be sorted out in a few months.  The A6 is a mainstream APU, so drivers for it should be taken care of rather quickly.  Let me know if you find a solution.  I have tried everything.

#3 2011-11-17 08:34:41

addy

Re: Can't suspend or hibernate on toshiba with a6-3400m and radeon 6520g

To hibernate your computer, you must have swap size at least equal to or slightly greater than the size on your installed RAM because contents of memory are written to the swap partition during hibernation.

Board footer