· DO NOT post full resolution screenshots! You can use the "mogrify" command (pacman -S imagemagick) to make a thumbnail of your screenshot:
$ cp screenie.png thumb-screenie.png $ mogrify -resize 250x250 thumb-screenie.png
Sizes Twenty percent of the original size is great for 1024x768 screenies. For bigger sizes (and especially for multi-monitor setups), we ask you to keep in mind not everyone uses broadband, and use an even smaller size (10% of a Full HD setup will still be 192x180, for example). NOTE: Anything wider than 250px or over 50Kb in size will be removed.
You can then upload these images to your server and use the following code to show them on the forum:
*Thanks to Thayer for the screenie (more...)
· Several websites offer free image hosting.
Use the "thumbnail for forums" link code that is supplied by the image host to post your thumbnail link.
· Once the new month begins please do not post new screenies in the old threads.
· If the screenshot has questionable material that might not be safe to view while at work or in a school setting, please post only a link and not a thumbnail, along with a mention of "Not Safe for Work". Posts that do not adhere to this are subject to deletion without notice at any time.
· Please try to include any links to your wallpaper or configs that you may have and/or the names of your icon theme, running apps, DE, etc. in the same post to reduce unnecessary clutter later.
***** Your screenshot will be replaced by a reminder if you do not follow these guidelines *****
* As a simple way to include information about your setup in the screenshot, you can use a tool like Archey, screenfetch or screenfo (all in AUR) to print out details about your window manager, font, shell etc., with a very attractive ASCII Arch logo...
"If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have got the wrong problem."
Petite veille d'ivresse, sainte ! quand ce ne serait que pour le masque dont tu as gratifié. Nous t'affirmons, méthode ! Nous n'oublions pas que tu as glorifié hier chacun de nos âges. Nous avons foi au poison. Nous savons donner notre vie tout entière tous les jours.
Voici le temps des Assassins.
It's a fantastic font, used it as a main font for a while but switched back to Dina, nothing beats the readability of Dina imo ^^.
zsh and theme: montecarlo
gtk2: clearlyu pua
rendered with infinality mode 'sharpened'
I`m not a nerd.I`m a level 55 dwarf monk-psychic ninja ;-)
Always look forward to seeing what you have all done with your Arch setups.
This one is from my old Compaq Presario Laptop. The F-14 in the picture is on it's first flight since a group of us put it back together from scratch after a fire. Thing was a skeleton in the hangar for years. Squadron is VF-101 which was the F-14 Tomcat Fleet replacement command. 68 Tomcats kept us VERY busy.
WM is straight OpenBox with multiple conkys displayed through out.
dwm with fbpanel-dwm + several patches
I love this. What's the font in dzen?
Surprise! Surprise! I Switched DE again
Am now using Gnome Shell again, because I heard it's getting better and better with the Shell and v11.12 - that might be released mid-December - might fully work.
I have edited the Zukitwo Shell theme to suit my preferences (Ubuntu orange, more spacing on the application overview), threw together an icon set consisting of Faience, standard Gnome and FS Ubuntu icons and finally, edited the Radiance theme to play nicely with the Global Menu Extension. All in all, I'm really satisfied (and proud )
If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres