You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-02 10:52:03

daJense

Drakensang online & Wine

Hi,

I have  been trying to get drakensang online working properly with wine (play on linux). Using the tahoma fonts and directx9 the game runs OK, however I experience some issues and I was wondering if anybody else may have an idea as to how I could solve them.

- pretty realiably about twenty minutes into the game the sound seems to crash. After getting some static for a minute or two the sound just shuts down completly. I have to restart the game to get it back.

- performance is really bad. On low quality I still get lags. In comparison to booting directly into windows and playing the game there it doesn't look to good. I am using the official nvidia drivers (latest version), not nouveau and compositing is disabled.

- I cannot properly close the game. If I do the xserver crashes and only Crtl+Alt+Backspace can save me from rebooting.

How did you configure wine to work well with drakensang online? Are any of you  experiencing the same problems?

#2 2011-12-02 11:14:47

trontonic

Re: Drakensang online & Wine

Hello,

Playing games with wine is pretty much a "hit and miss" experience right now. Popular games can often run very well, some times even faster than under Microsoft's implementation of the WIN32 API, but wine is in constant development. If you're adventorous, you can try to run the .exe with winedbg, here's a quick guide for that. (And then report the crash as a bug).

In the future, this particular game may perhaps be available through playonlinux, which should iron out the most common configuration issues.

Good luck.

Last edited by trontonic (2011-12-02 11:14:58)

#3 2011-12-02 11:19:37

daJense

Re: Drakensang online & Wine

Hi trontonic,

willl give the winedbg a shot as soon as I have time. Thanks.

Board footer