You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-03 20:12:38

cfr

[solved] Installing additional manual pages or finding missing ones

Apologies for posting this question. I didn't realise that adduser was a shell script and that it is evidently distro-specific (or at least varies wildly in some cases).

I suspect I am missing something obvious or not searching with the right terms and am hoping somebody will be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

I've got an almost new Arch installation and I noticed that I have some commands installed for which there are no man pages. This is not the general problem of no man pages at all. I certainly have man pages but some seem to be missing. It is also not that these commands just don't have man pages because nobody's written them. I know these commands have man pages in other distros.

For example, both Debian and Arch include the commands useradd and adduser. Debian includes man pages for both but my Arch install seems to have one only for useradd. There's no man page for adduser.

I thought maybe there was a separate package for additional man pages but some obvious searches haven't turned anything up with pacman.

Any pointers?

Last edited by cfr (2011-12-03 22:56:08)

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

Board footer