You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-04 00:15:43

Sidhartha

Messy Video Install - Help With Bumblebee

Hi All,

My first Arch install (my first Linux install) and it was all going so well... until I tried to set up a screen.
I am installing on a Lenovo laptop using an Nvidia Optimus card.... I didn't realise these were a little tricky.

Anyway, I seem to have installed everything EXCEPT what I should have installed.

I've installed a bunch of Nivida packages... I've installed the Xorg packages... I've tried to install the Intel packages...

I've now realised that Bumblebee seems to be the way I should have gone.
However, now when I try and install Bumblebee I can't, because it has a conflict between nvidia-utils-bumblebee and nvidia-utils. When prompted to remove nvidia-utils I say 'Y' and I get an error...
"error : failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: libva: requires libgl
:: mesa: requires libgl
:: mplayer: requires libgl
:: qt: requires libgl
:: xorg-xdriinfo: requires libgl

Can anyone help...?

Much appreciated.

#2 2011-12-04 00:22:18

Y3k

Re: Messy Video Install - Help With Bumblebee

Ok, I may be able to help you because I have a working arch with bumblebee installed. First of all you should remove every nvidia package you installed with pacman.  The error that you receive probably is caused by the fact that libgl requires nvidia-utils. What if you try to remove libgl and then uninstall nvidia-utils? Did you forced something while installing or uninstalling packages? (with modifier -f). Hope that helps!

#3 2011-12-04 11:06:32

Sidhartha

Thanks. And how would I do that...? I tried "pacman -R libgl" but I get a target not found...

Anyone who can help me sort this dependency nightmare out... I'd really appreciate it!

#4 2011-12-04 11:44:44

Earnestly

Try install bumblebee with makepkg and go through the dependencies one by one, most of which are from the AUR, until bumblebee builds. makepkg will inform you of any missing deps:

makepkg
==> Making package: bumblebee 2.4.1-7 (Sun Dec  4 11:30:22 GMT 2011)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Missing Dependencies:
  -> virtualgl
  -> nvidia-utils-bumblebee
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.

From there, download virtualgl and nvidia-utils-bumblebee. Then makepkg them and download any of their dependencies. Do this until bumblebee builds. It's not difficult.

PS:Would yaourt handle all this automagically?

Board footer