You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-12 22:55:10

mdshw5

[solved] Visualization of PGP Master and Signing Keys

I would prefer if this was not my first post in these forums, but I was really impressed by the interactive hairball network on http://www.archlinux.org/visualize/. Does anyone know if this was developed from scratch? I inspected it and could not find any references to a source. I would like to make something similar in my research. Thanks!

Last edited by mdshw5 (2011-12-12 23:58:13)

#2 2011-12-12 22:58:58

mdshw5

Re: [solved] Visualization of PGP Master and Signing Keys

Sorry, I think I just found something very similar. Would still appreciate any other answers!

#3 2011-12-12 23:17:29

/dev/zero

Interesting. Looks like the Social Graph app on Facebook.

If you're interested in other graph visualisation tools, you might wish to check out DOxygen. It provides a graphical way to look at the class dependency graph of source code.

Also, there exists somewhere on the interwebz a java tool for inspecting the dependency graph of packages used in Beyond Linux From Scratch.

If you want to write something like this yourself, I think you would basically need four parts to your project:

1. A way to read in information from text files about the structure of your graph. If you came up with a context free grammar to describe your data files, you could use Lex & Yacc for this part.

2. A way to internally store and process your graphs after you read them in. Lemon could provide this functionality.

3. A way to visualise graphs. FLTK would probably do for something simple.

4. A way to decide the optimal spatial position of nodes. This would be the hard part as it is a bit subjective and you may have multiple competing criteria.

#4 2011-12-12 23:51:27

Allan
Pacman
Website

All the code for the Arch website is available here: http://projects.archlinux.org/archweb.git/

#5 2011-12-12 23:57:28

mdshw5

Thanks, Allan! That is obviously what I'm looking for, if it is everything.

Board footer