You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-13 19:58:29

strangequark

Red Green Blue screen when attempting to install [[SOLVED]]

Hey all

I have searched everywhere but cannot seem to locate anything related to this issue.

I dumped the i686 iso onto a usb flash drive. It boots into the menu with the options of starting the kernel, memtest etc. however when I start arch to proceed with the installation, it runs through the boot up process, reaches a point saying something about "ucvideo" (it's all I catch before it continues) and then the screen goes completely red, then green, then blue then white and continues to cycle through this until ctrl-alt-del is pressed.

Is this a video hardware issue- I'm using an nVidia 8600GT?

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!

Squark

Last edited by strangequark (2011-12-14 09:10:46)

#2 2011-12-14 03:40:23

olive

Re: Red Green Blue screen when attempting to install [[SOLVED]]

Try to boot with the nomodeset kernel parameter (I do not know how looks the installation screen anymore, but there is surely an option to add a kernel parameter).

#3 2011-12-14 09:10:08

strangequark

Re: Red Green Blue screen when attempting to install [[SOLVED]]

This was exactly it! Thank you so much!

For future reference - if anyone else gets this issue - you are able to enter kernel params when you press tab on the "boot linux" menu item when the iso loads up; this opens up the options where you can input the parameters and in this instance it was indeed nomodeset.

Board footer