You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-16 04:12:26

darthpenguin

Bluetooth connection refused, permission denied (13)

Hi Guys.

I'm having serious problems with my bluetooth. I have just setup Arch on my Think Pad and I am using Gnome 3 (Gnome Shell). Everything is up to date and i have followed all the necessary steps on the wiki. My problem is I can not send files via bluetooth to my Android with either gnome-bluetooth or blueman. Gnome-bluetooth gives the error "Permission denied (13)" and blueman says "Connection refused". I can send files to the phone from the terminal with this:

$obexftp -b AA:BB:CC:DD:11:22 -p filetosend.jpg

When I do that the phone shows a prompt. I tap allow and the file goes. So why won't the GUIs work? what am I missing? I'm guessing whatever the problem is it is the same for both apps but ideally I would just need gnome-bluetooth to work.

also when I try to "Browse Device" from gnome-bluetooth I get a connection refused error. oddly enough I can send files from my phone to my laptop with no problem.

Can anyone help me with this? I really need my bluetooth to work. Thank You.

#2 2011-12-19 03:21:59

darthpenguin

Re: Bluetooth connection refused, permission denied (13)

Okay. So, upon further investigation it seems I can transfer files from my pc to my android phone if i use an app on the droid called "bluetooth file transfer". So, Android (which *is* Linux) can receive files from Windows 7 (which is *not* Linux) but it can't communicate with Arch without a third party app? Seriously? I mean really? WTF?! Am I just over simplifying this? I know Windows is the most used OS and it is great that file transfer are stemless with Android but why wont Linux transfer files with Linux!? That is possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard. So basically this is solved. Arch is cool, Google are a bunch of morons. Simple.

#3 2011-12-19 03:43:56

samuvuo

Nevermind. Mods, please remove this post.

Last edited by samuvuo (2011-12-19 03:45:41)

#4 2012-02-26 13:18:11

Josie

@darthpenguin, Thank you for the only hack that has seemed to ever make sending ANY Bluetooth files to my Android phone from my Gnome 3 based Ubuntu Studio 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot upgrade!!!  However, I haven't found it to be the holy grail it seems to be for you using Arch.  And I haven't found any other version of ANY operating system (lynix or otherwise) that permits musicians to process music in an Guerrilla recording manner.  Guerrilla recording requires MIDI, mixing, effects and printing sheetmusic from MIDI and composed files.  Or I would have considered Arch.  However, Ubuntu Studio 11.10 is also gnome 3 based,  and I as a result of Lori (my programmer spouse) and I have found what seems to be a core problem in in the lynix 3.0 kernel that all this is based.  When bluetooth attempts to send files, both clients have to identify each others bluetooth identity, authenticate that identity, and and then transfer  files.  Lynix 3 kernal isn't sending it's authentication code, and/or promting the other device to do the same!  So transfer stops in Ubuntu 11.10 just like it did for you in Arch. (& any other Lynix 3 kernel device).   Some people claimed that Lynix 3.1x fixed the problem, IT HASN'T!  What you suggested only works for us if we run your Bluetooth transfer app manually first before attemping to initialize the transfer.  Then it works once, THANKS MUCH!  But we used to have the process totally automated hands free on cellphone end before upgrade of Lynix kernel.  I could talk on the phone, listen to music, tune my guitar or anything, and Lori could still send me more music (or anything else) and I didn't even have to be aware she had done so.  Now, with your idea, I have to stop everything until I complete the file transfer.  THIS IS A BITCH!  AND QUANTUM LEAP BACKWARD!  But at least with your idea we arn't dead in the water, we just have row with paddles instead of using the motor!  Thanks, you at least put us on the right track!  But it isn't a solution yet!

#5 2012-02-26 16:06:36

Hyugga

There is something weird here. I started a thread time ago with the same topic because i was able to transfer files from my pc to my android phone only using KDE's bluedevil and i had fully functional device file system browsing. I ran some updates, and it never worked again. The updates where so many that i couldn't downgrade everything. This function still doesn't work. I'll try installing that app you mentioned.
Good luck.

Board footer