You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-18 05:08:33

alex.forencich

FTDI Wrong Baud Rate

I have been noticing this issue recently and it is quite annoying.  When I connect an FTDI powered USB to serial converter to my computer, the first time it's used at 115200 baud after it's plugged in it goes at about 4 Mbit/s (~250 ns bit width).  I have to change the baud rate and then change it back to go at the correct speed.  Unplugging and replugging the board sets it back to the original rate of about 4 Mbit/s.  I'm assuming this is the result of a recent kernel update as I have never had the problem before until a few days ago, it affects basically all of the FTDI chips I have tried, and seems independent of software (tested with gtkterm, avrdude, and some custom software).  On connect, stty seems to think the baud rate is 115200, so it would seem that the driver is not initializing the chip properly on connect and as a result the state of the driver and the chip disagree.  Then when the baud rate is set to 115200 for use, the driver doesn't propagate the setting to the chip as it believes the chip is already set correctly when in fact it is not. 

Edit: tried on several different USB ports; no difference.

Ideas?

Last edited by alex.forencich (2011-12-18 22:03:04)

Board footer