You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-21 16:05:45

plutoisaplanet

[SOLVED] Google Talk Plugin not recognizing webcam microphone

Hey,

So I recently installed arch linux with gnome 3. I've been unable to get my webcam microphone working with the google talk plugin. I installed it from the AUR (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40056).

When I go to System Settings --> Sound --> Input, I see my webcam microphone, and applications like Sound Recorder recognize it and are able to use it. However, when I go to gmail and look at settings-->chat and try to configure the video,microphone and speakers for chat, I don't see any options there that are relevant. In fact, under Microphone, all the options are output devices. Webcam Video, however, works perfectly fine.

I've googled about, but haven't really found anything that works for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-parth

Last edited by plutoisaplanet (2011-12-22 15:03:53)

#2 2011-12-22 15:03:34

plutoisaplanet

Re: [SOLVED] Google Talk Plugin not recognizing webcam microphone

I seem to have solved the problem. I tried to install Skype and it wasn't working at first, so I installed lib32-libpulse because pacman recommended that as an optional package, and it got my skype to work and now my google chat is also magically working.

Board footer