You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-25 06:02:25

cliffdover

Laptop totally freezed when plug or unplug ac adapter

Hello,

As the subject say, i'm having a big trouble with my new arch install... my laptop totally is totally frezzed after plug or unplug ac-adapter. Cant find any solution...

I have disabled wireless power management (i think i did it at all), i tried changing some acpi values etc...

daemons:

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng acpid dbus networkmanager @alsa @crond @cupsd @cpufreq laptop-mode avahi-daemon)

laptop: asus f50sv

Desktop: KDE

I have to say that this is my first arch install!

Thanks for your help

EDIT: Also happens when i go with just battery. Tried disabling wireless on boot (with wireless switch), freezed loading KDE.

Last edited by cliffdover (2011-12-25 16:59:51)

#2 2011-12-25 17:15:45

cliffdover

Re: Laptop totally freezed when plug or unplug ac adapter

I disabled the ath9k module from rc.conf and now it will freeze again, but after more seconds.

I have to say that i had several problems with ubuntu 11.10 (didnt try other with this laptop) and it was impossible to boot live cd cause a freeze on boot. I had to disable acpi with kernel option acpi=off. (no, not even recovery worked without acpi=off)

edit: the tested version was ubuntu 11.10 (never work with acpi)

Last edited by cliffdover (2011-12-25 20:18:40)

#3 2011-12-25 18:36:56

Strike0

Have a look, if it works better if you don't load the cpufreq and laptop-mode daemons but just install pm-utils. (Guessing as I don't know your notebook). Have a look into BIOS as well for ahci. Maybe you can try another option there.
If you search the wiki here, there are a number of specific asus pages to give you a hint as well.

The freeze just occurs when you unplug the power?
Also you can check log files (in var/log) if they give an idea why the freeze occurs.

#4 2011-12-25 20:06:04

cliffdover

I tried disabling cpufreq and laptop-mode, same results. No options on BIOS. I tried adding the module asus-laptop from the acpi suggestion for asus but didnt work.

it freeze when i plug or unplug the power. If i boot with battery it will freeze after some minutes, if connect ac will instantly freeze.

Now checking what can i find from var/log

edit: I can't find anything with logs... any suggestion?

Last edited by cliffdover (2011-12-25 20:18:00)

#5 2011-12-26 11:43:12

Strike0

There sure must be events in the log when you un-/plug the cable. But I cant tell you right now what they look like. There should also be an option for the harddrive to be set to ahci or sata at least .. Maybe you check if you get a bios upgrade from asus.
Please post the output of

lsmod

and your current rc.conf daemon and module line again. Maybe someone has an idea.

Board footer