You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-29 13:53:00

synthead

"nvidia" module + TwinView + Wine = invisible windows on right monitor

Running a dual-head setup with the nvidia blob driver using the packages and xorg.conf configuration below.  When running a Windows application through Wine, the application launches and runs without any issues (to the extent of Wine's capability) on the left monitor, but on the right, the Wine windows are completely invisible.  Using XFCE4 as my window manager, I can click on the application's window button in the panel to attempt to minimize and restore the window, but nothing appears.  If I right click on the window button and click "Move", I can hold the mouse button down on the area XFCE4 moved my cursor to, drag the window to the left monitor, and have the window be visible and operational.

This seems to occur on all Wine windows regardless of the application.  With the Wine Browser (launched via "wine iexplore"), since XFCE4 handles the window, I am able to see the window's title and frame on both monitors, but the Wine Browser is only usable on the left monitor.  If I attempt to use it on the right monitor, it acts as if it has crashed, but in actuality, the video is not being properly rendered.

How can I get this fixed?

wine 1.3.35-3
nvidia 290.10-1
xorg-server 1.11.3-1

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "killterm3"
	Screen         0 "Both Screens" 0 0
	Option         "Xinerama" 0
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier     "Left & Right"
	Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier     "GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS"
	Driver         "nvidia"
	BusID          "PCI:2:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier     "Both Screens"
	Device         "GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS"
	Monitor        "Left & Right"
	DefaultDepth   24
	Option         "TwinView" "1"
	Option         "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-0"
	Option         "metamodes" "CRT: nvidia-auto-select +0+0, DFP: nvidia-auto-select +1680+0"
	SubSection     "Display"
		Depth          24
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Board footer