You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-30 17:31:04

firecat53
Website

Hi CPU usage with pianobar [SOLVED]

EDIT: once again solved within 2 minutes of posting. Apparently the fifo .config/pianobar/ctl had been corrupted or was just a plain file. I deleted it, recreated it and now everything works like normal. My bad!

Disregard this...but I'll leave it here in case someone has the same issue.

Hey all,

I haven't used my pianobar-git in several weeks, but now I get a consistently high CPU usage that wasn't there before. I tried recompiling and installing the latest git version and also tried the non-git version from the AUR and both had the same result, so I'm thinking there's another issue there somewhere. I haven't messed with my sound system (alsa) or changed the pianobar config at all. I have a fifo created in .config/pianobar for controlling it vi a little script, but that's been there for quite awhile.

I'm wondering if it's an issue similar to mpd having to set these two lines in the mpd.conf to prevent a high CPU usage

period_time             "50000"
        auto_resample           "no"

Because I get the following message printed after each song played in pianobar:

ao_alsa WARNING: sample rate 44100 not supported by the hardware, using 48000

I've looked at the /etc/libao.conf options and I can't quite seem to figure out what to change.

Any ideas, or has anyone else experienced this? I filed a bug on the github page, but I'm not sure it's pianobar related.

Thanks!
Scott

Last edited by firecat53 (2011-12-30 17:35:58)

Board footer