You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-03 13:28:52

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

VIFM wiki: needs update

RE: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Vifm

I've recently started using VIFM after hearing about it on these forums.  It may replace my previous favorite file manager.

It seems, however, that the customization information in the wiki must be for an older version of VIFM than the one in the community repo.

For example, the current wilki shows color customization as

COLOR=WIN=white=-1

This does not work with the current version of VIFM, but the format in the default config file does

highlight Win cterm=none ctermfg=white ctermbg=-1

The organization of the config files seems different as well with a directory for colors rather than a single file.

While I could certainly make these changes myself (with a 'go-ahead' from the community), I'm curious whether any veteran VIFM users can find any other needed updates or can add any useful tips to the wiki.

Edit: to change the 'highlight' line back to default colors ... I had just copied it from my file which had my own changes.

Last edited by Trilby (2012-01-03 13:30:39)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#2 2012-01-03 18:08:51

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: VIFM wiki: needs update

Yes: the Vifm developers changed and two versions back there were some reasonably significant changes to the way Vifm works and is configured.

By all means make the changes to wiki that you think would be helpful. I'll update it where I can over the weekend.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2012-01-03 18:50:50

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: VIFM wiki: needs update

I went ahead with what I could update.  I am not familiar with symbolic links or torrent creation in vifm.  If those are to be kept, someone familiar with those will need to update the syntax for those.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer