You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-04 07:44:49

morphjk

ASUS 1215B Not Always Resuming

HI everyone,

I recently installed Arch on my ASUS 1215B EEE PC but the only real issue that I am having is that for some reason it is not always resuming from sleep/standby. I have been putting it to sleep by using the FN and sleep button and some of the time it will resume perfectly fine but other times it turns back on but I don't get any video at all. I just get the battery light flashing and the wireless signal but I don't appear to get any hard drive action.

Nothing will fix it other than pulling the battery from the laptop. I have pm-utils installed.

So I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I might sort this out. At one point I thought I did find something saying that this is a kernel issue.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2012-01-04 12:32:01

Diaz

Re: ASUS 1215B Not Always Resuming

Same problem i have since i bought mine. Some say that disabling the C6 feature in BIOS helps, in my case it didn't matter.

It's a random problem, because yesterday i suspended and resumed at least 5 times in a row and it was all fine. Maybe it was the kernel update or not wink

#3 2012-01-05 01:57:20

morphjk

Hoping that it might be solved at some stage then.

#4 2012-01-05 03:20:33

Diaz

And it seems my luck ran out because it just happened again tongue.

I haven't yet investigated anything about the problem, so maybe it could be something easy to fix. If you have any luck with it please report ^^

#5 2012-01-05 09:21:08

morphjk

Will do for sure.

#6 2012-01-21 18:37:44

mcmilton

My Asus 1215b also have problems with the suspending. I do not know the full solution, but some observations are here. If you ever tried suspend2ram or suspend2hdd and encounter (as usual) problems, you need to reset the bios state. Just shutdown the laptop, plug off the power supply and switch off the battery for a couple of seconds. Right after that turn on the laptop, before booting go to bios setup and perform "Load optimized defaults". Then make "Save and reset" to continue booting. These steps  are absolutely important after unsuccessful experiments with suspend/hybernation.

Then, if you want a partial suspending functionality, you have to switch off the C6 option in bios. If you have the most fresh kernel 3.2, you also have to add option hpet=disable to the kernel boot parameters (see /boot/grub/menu.lst) With this tunings suspend2ram have to work (did not tested yet suspend2hdd).

BUT. The problem is still here. You suspend your laptop, then it wakes successfully and all looks fine. But if after that you try to reboot it, the bios stops seeing hdd at all! I have found the only solution: unplug the power/battery, then reset the bios (see above).  At the moment I have no idea how to fix it.

Board footer