You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-13 19:36:19

nicoulaj

[Request for review] gitblit

Hi all,

I have packaged gitblit (package in AUR / sources), and there are a few things I suspect are done the wrong way:

* Log directory is created in install file... should it be done in rc script ?
* Also, logging to the log file is a simple shell redirection in the rc script... is it the right way ?
* In the install file, the user is created if it does not exist but if it exists, it is not "fixed" if needed... For example if it does not belong to the right group or is not a system user... Are there examples of packages that deal with this the right way ?
* Also, should post_delete remove the user/group ?
* In the rc script, I directly source "/etc/profile.d/jdk.sh" because I need to invoke java. From my research, "/etc/profile.d/jdk.sh" is consistent accross Java JDK packages (OpenJDK, Java 6/7), but wouldn't it be better if those packages just symlinked executables in /usr/bin ?

Any comments/suggestions welcome.

AUR | github | IRC:nicoulaj

#2 2012-01-15 00:32:35

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: [Request for review] gitblit

- usually arch packages try to stay as close to upstream as possible.

if gitblit has no logging functionality built-in, why do you add it instead of requesting logging functionality from upstream ?

- you use ${pkgname} as lot in the PKGBUILD, i think it would be more readable if you used the name itself in directories

- In the package section many of the commands work on files in the srcdir, why not use cd $srdcir, so the commands get shorter .
this will increase the readability.

Can't help with your other questions, sorry.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer