You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-01 18:34:47

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

how to configure IceWM? {solved}

does any one use this WM? I really like the theme but I can't figure out how to set a damn thing up. Specifically, I would like to put some entries in "programs" in the menu bar.

#2 2005-07-01 18:45:59

Gullible Jones

Re: how to configure IceWM? {solved}

Menumaker works well with IceWM.

The problem is, the version currently in the repos has been downgraded for compatibility with Openbox, and doesn't detect neary as much stuff as the most recent version. And I can't get the most recent version to compile properly... :x I'll tell you when I finish a working PKGBUILD for it.

#3 2005-07-01 20:52:59

ravster
Website

I use the config files directly for getting things into the programs list.
Go to '/usr/share/icewm' and copy the 'menu' and 'preferences' file to your '~/.icewm' directory. Then you go to the IceWM website or click here to find out what to enter into the file. It's a very simple line, you don't need to worry about anything, it's very easy.

OffTopic: Theres a prog I used to use called IceWMCP to change any preferences. You just untar it and start using it. I've never bothered to make a PKGBUILD since there's no installation required. Once I got used to the preferences file, though, I prefer changing stuff directly from there.

#4 2005-07-01 20:59:02

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

ahh! there it is! I knew it had something to do with a preferences file, but I couldn't understand why I had to manually enter in all that crap. Copying it in helps alot, thanks man.

Board footer