You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-25 10:54:29

pokraka

Disabling a shortcut in Chromium

Hello,

In Chromium, you can zoom in/out a web page by keeping the control key pressed and using the mouse wheel. On my laptop two fingers on the touchpad is used to simulate the mouse wheel.

Because of this when I'm using the control key for another shortcut (e.g. ctrl + left click to open the link in a new tab), I often inadvertently put two fingers on the touchpad which makes Chromium halting for two seconds (my laptop isn't very powerful) and then displaying the webpage with a 1000% zoom. It's a very little thing but it drives me mad everytime.

So is there some way to disable this feature ? Since I often use the "two fingers on touchpad = mousewheel" disabling it altogether isn't an viable option.

Thanks.

EDIT : I think this question would have been more suited to the "Applications & Desktop Environments" section so maybe a mod can move it there.

Last edited by pokraka (2012-01-25 10:57:21)

#2 2012-01-28 14:16:29

oldtimeyjunk
Website

Re: Disabling a shortcut in Chromium

At the moment, it seems you cannot disable Chrome keyboard shortcuts: http://www.google.co.uk/support/forum/p … n&start=40. It looks like something you're going to have to put up with at the moment or get another browser.

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition

#3 2012-01-28 17:10:09

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Disabling a shortcut in Chromium

pokraka wrote:

... I think this question would have been more suited to the "Applications & Desktop Environments" section so maybe a mod can move it there.

Done

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer