You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-28 05:01:41

Adetque

Elantech touch pad randomly stops working?

I have a Samsung laptop with an Elantech touch pad.  At one kernel update, Linux started supporting my touch pad.  Before that, the kernel recognized it as a PS/2 mouse, so I used the psmouse-elantech package in the AUR to fix the kernel.  In a recent kernel update (I don't know the exact one), the touch pad would start working with the kernel itself, and I wouldn't have to recompile the psmouse-elantech module.  However, the touch pad now randomly stops working.  I have no idea what is causing this and have not noticed any patterns in when it stops working.  Any help with diagnosing or solving the issue would be appreciated.  Thanks!

#2 2012-02-16 20:07:06

Adetque

Re: Elantech touch pad randomly stops working?

I'm bumping this because I still would like an answer.  I found that if I reload the psmouse module, it temporarily fixes the problem.  Also note that my external USB mouse doesn't suffer from this same problem.

#3 2012-02-16 22:26:27

kimi2013

Re: Elantech touch pad randomly stops working?

hallo,

i have the same problem with my asus k53sv notebook.  i have this problem only when i use the kernel 3.2.x - after i  try the kernel  3.3-rcx the touchpad still works without any problems.

kimi

Board footer