You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-28 06:24:10

mark487
Website

Setting up Bumblebee - xorg.conf and /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia

I have installed Bumblebee and the Nvidia drivers on my Asus N53SV laptop. I am able to run programs such as glxspheres using Optirun. However, I am not sure what to do next if I want to render my desktop using my discrete video card (GT540M) instead of through ordinary Intel graphics.

Should I copy the file /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia to /etc/X11/xorg.conf?

Thanks for your help,

- mark

#2 2012-01-29 20:10:14

duquesnc
Website

Re: Setting up Bumblebee - xorg.conf and /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia

I don't see why you would do that. The point of bumblebee is to avoid using the nvidia card unless you start the program with 'optirun'. If you want to render your desktop and use the nvidia card all the time, just don't use bumblebee and directly use the nvidia driver.

If you really really want to use bumblebee, I guess you could set your login manager to use a xinitrc method, and put optirun in front of the command that launch your desktop.

#3 2012-01-29 20:51:12

mark487
Website

Re: Setting up Bumblebee - xorg.conf and /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I would actually prefer to use the nvidia card all the time. X autodetects the Intel graphics system, which gives me only a simple 1366x768 desktop. If I could use the nvidia card to render the desktop I could have full HD and desktop effects, as with Windows.

Board footer