You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-28 15:06:27

savithari

XFCE4 and fonts not looking good

Friends:

This is my first post.  I have installed Arch for the first time and I chose XFCE4.  It works well.

The appearance is reasonable.  The issue is with fonts.

I am unable to set diff fonts for the system which my development environment of Eclipse should pick up.

I am unable to set the xterminal font to courier.

Can anyone shed some light on how to download and/or set up fonts on the XFCE env ?

I looked the arch wiki on fonts but it looked a bit more convoluted to understand to the "not-so-intelligent" brain of mine.

I am coming from Ubuntu and want to swim with Arch  and not go back to Ubuntu.

Any inputs is appreciated.

-Narahari

#2 2012-01-28 16:27:24

Roken

Re: XFCE4 and fonts not looking good

Don't know which wiki you looked at, but this one list most of the more common fonts and the package names to install them: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … stallation

Note that you will probably have to go back to the wiki once you have the fonts you want in order to set up your system for the best display of fonts. Anti aliasing, hinting etc. all need to be configured to make them look nice. It can take some time and some trial and error (even for us old hands), so be patient with it.

Ryzen 5900X 12 core/24 thread - RTX 3090 FE 24 Gb, Asus Prime B450 Plus, 32Gb Corsair DDR4, Cooler Master N300 chassis, 5 HD (1 NvME PCI, 4SSD) + 1 x optical.
Linux user #545703

#3 2012-01-28 19:43:55

KingX

Re: XFCE4 and fonts not looking good

This is what I have done, after trying out Gnome3 I liked the cantarell font it used. To have fonts similar to ubuntu try this. Then you need to grab some fonts, you can try some packages from here. That should give you some nice looking fonts. smile

Board footer