You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-04 19:46:25

Manit0u

[SOLVED] GVFS errors

Hello,

I tried everything, including upgrading my system, re-installing the packages and all the troubleshooting I was able to find on the wiki and Internet.
Whenever I try to run applications like Thunar or pcmanfm I get this kinds of errors:

(pcmanfm:9269): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: invoking IsSupported() failed for remote volume monitor with dbus name org.gtk.Private.GduVolumeMonitor: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildSignaled: Process /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gdu-volume-monitor received signal 6

It doesn't really do anything, as all the file managers and apps seem to work just fine. The only thing that doesn't really work is recognizing plugged in usb drives (even though I got auto-mounting to work).

Trying to launch gvfs-gdu-volume-monitor manually produces this errors:

[krs@arch]/usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gdu-volume-monitor                                             [20:41]
in gdu_pool_finalize()

(process:9278): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
======================================================================
Error constructing GduPool: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

This error suggests there's a problem with your udisks or D-Bus installation.
======================================================================

(process:9278): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(process:9278): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(process:9278): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

libgdu:ERROR:gdu-pool.c:2568:gdu_pool_get_presentables: assertion failed: (pool != NULL)
zsh: abort      /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gdu-volume-monitor

Could you help me out please? Like I mentioned, reinstalling gvfs, udisks and dbus didn't help.

Last edited by Manit0u (2012-02-12 10:36:56)

#2 2012-02-08 17:42:04

pYrO1v1aniac

Re: [SOLVED] GVFS errors

Second.

#3 2012-02-12 10:36:37

Manit0u

Re: [SOLVED] GVFS errors

I have solved the issue. D-bus wasn't starting automatically. Starting it manually removes the errors, adding it to daemons array in rc.conf should do the trick too.

Marking thread as solved.

Board footer