You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-06 10:30:39

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

mp3 sync manager for linux?

In Windows I use Media Player to sync with my portable mp3 player but, obviously, I'd rather use a linux app to do this.

Are there any linux based mp3 library and synchro managers about - i googled and got few mp3 articles...

something like gtkpod but not slaved to that extortionate white lifestyle extension!

#2 2005-07-06 10:44:57

arooaroo
Website

Re: mp3 sync manager for linux?

I use Amarok but it's a kde app. Still, as well as being a great media player, it has a tab for interfacing with media players. I'm not sure how good it is because I don't have one.

#3 2005-07-06 11:37:45

scarecrow

The krusader dirsync module should also work fine, but again krusader is a KDE app...

Microshaft delenda est

#4 2008-03-30 00:34:56

Sigi

I find myself in the same situation now,  I don't like amarok because I'm using quite a slick system which doesn't rely on kde libs...
I would prefer to keep using mpd/ncmpc for my music listening. What I'd like to have is the following:
- Syncing mp3s between my music dir and my sansa fuze
- Sync album art for every album on the fuze

The file structure on the sansa needs to look like this:
MUSIC/artist/album/track.mp3
MUSIC/artist/album/Album Art.jpg

exaile has a plugin to copy mp3s to a generic music player. The problem is that it copies all the mp3s in one directory without keeping the folder structure...

Is there a program which help me sync the files in the way I'd like to?
Or do I have to write an own script or change the exaile plugin?

Any advice is appreciated!

Haven't been here in a while. Still rocking Arch. smile

#5 2008-03-30 09:28:08

Kane

i dont know if this might help anyone, but ive used it before for my zen

http://gnomad2.sourceforge.net/

#6 2008-03-30 17:29:09

Sigi

Thanks for the hint, Kane. I have now (took me the whole night) changed the mass storage plugin of exaile to create those folders and to copy the album art. It works! I'm quite proud of my first python project smile
I'll mail it to the author of the mass storage plugin, he might us some parts of my code in the next version of the plugin, who knows...

I didn't know that python programming is so much fun!

Cheers Sigi

Haven't been here in a while. Still rocking Arch. smile

#7 2008-03-30 18:35:08

Zibi1981

I have Creative's MuVo V200 player and wanted Amarok to sync my music library with it. Anyone could explain to me how to achieve this? When I put my player into USB, it's mounted properly and I can view the content with Konqueror, but I don't have any idea how to force Amarok to actually recognize my player. Pushing "connect" button found on the "Device" tab changes nothing. Any suggestions will be much appreciated smile

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

Board footer