You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-17 13:14:26

Mati89

[SOLVED]Running out of space when compiling.

Hello everyone!

I'm using Arch with KDE 4.8. I'm using firefox as my web browser and I wanted to get as good KDE integration as possible for it. To do so, I've tried to install firefox-kde-opensuse package from AUR repository (I'm using yaourt for installing AUR packages). Unfortunatly, at the end of compilation I'm getting the error that I'm running out of space. I saw that yaourt is saving all the temporary compilation files on the /tmp partition. In my case, this partition have 2GB of space and it's filled to the maximum when compiling my patched firefox. I've looked in the yaourtrc file if it's possible to eventually change the temp folder to my /home partition instead, so I have tried this:

#TMPDIR="/tmp"

changed to:

#TMPDIR="/home/matteus/temp"

Still, yaourt is saving files on the /tmp even when I've changed the path.
Any suggestions from you guys?

Thanks!

Last edited by Mati89 (2012-02-17 15:05:44)

#2 2012-02-17 13:16:30

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED]Running out of space when compiling.

You need to remove the #.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

#3 2012-02-17 13:43:59

hcjl

you can also use

yaourt -S PACKAGE --tmp /path/to/tmp

#4 2012-02-17 13:57:50

DSpider

Yeah, having anything with a # in front effectively makes it a comment. You'll see them a lot in Arch.

Welcome to the forum.

PS: Don't forget to add [SOLVED] to the topic.

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#5 2012-02-17 14:04:03

Mati89

Okay! Thank you for your answers! The yaourt -S PACKAGE --tmp /path/to/tmp is a really good option for a larger compiles, good tip!. /tmp should be faster because it's a ramdisk if i remember correctly, so I can use it for smaller compilations. About "#", it was really easy as that. I thought that yaourt was somehow the exception, because all of the options had "#" before, that made me a little bit confused. I will mark as solved when my compilation is successfully finished (it should be, now i see that's keeping the files inside my home partition).

Edit: It worked! problem is solved.

Last edited by Mati89 (2012-02-17 15:05:07)

Board footer