You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-18 09:55:51

benna86

[solved] Kde not starting on lenovo ideapad s10-3t

Hi everybody,
I installed Arch on my ideapad s10-t and i have a problem with KDE: it freezes on the login screen, right after the big K icon appears on the loading bar.
My configuration is Arch core with dbus, alsa, networkmanager,  acpi and kdebase (with phonon-gstreamer). The hardware is well know: atom platform with intel graphics.
I already tried different things written on the wiki, like enabling the shadow option in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf and the modeset=1 in grub.conf (as written in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Intel#Driver) or disabling compositing in  /home/user/.kde4/share/config/kwinrc.
Unfortunately I have got no results... apparently the graphic driver is not the cause.
I've noticed that, while stuck, the process plasma-desktop uses the 50% of the cpu, but i do not get any error report from it.
In the file .xsession-errors there is a list of Soprano errors telling me that there is an "Invalid name" while "connectToServer", "invalid model" and "invalid iterator"
The kdm.log complains that is the "Module fbcon not found" and that kdemain reports "No dbus session-bus found". Despite that i can run X flawlessly with startx.
I have no idea of where the problem can be... do you have any idea?
Thanks in advance, cheers

Last edited by benna86 (2012-02-18 13:12:35)

#2 2012-02-18 13:12:14

benna86

Re: [solved] Kde not starting on lenovo ideapad s10-3t

solved: installing ttf-dejavu did the trick

Board footer