You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-26 23:14:26

possiblefool

GTK3 apps refusing to start

I've switched from LXDE/openbox to Compiz/emerald and am having a strange problem with GTK3 apps (tested with nm-applet and nautilus).
Starting from a terminal gives the following error;

(nm-applet:1445): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:1217:17: Expected ')'

(nm-applet:1445): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:102:42: Failed to import: Error opening file: No such file or directory

(nm-applet:1445): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:1217:17: Expected ')'

(nm-applet:1445): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:102:42: Failed to import: Error opening file: No such file or directory

the application is unable to start and just hangs, taking up 100% of one of my cpu cores. I've had a look at the gtk-widgets.css but can't see where there's a missing ')' (its clearly not at 1217:17).

I'm currently using the Think_Correctly_GTK theme which includes GTK2 and 3 themes, both of which worked fine under LXDE.

If I change the GTK2 to a different theme and try to start again I get;

(nm-applet:1458): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:1217:17: Expected ')'

(nm-applet:1458): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:102:42: Failed to import: Error opening file: No such file or directory

(nm-applet:1458): libnotify-WARNING **: Failed to connect to proxy

** (nm-applet:1458): WARNING **: Failed to show notification: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service files

Same theme parsing error, however now both nm-applet and nautilus start, if I then switch the GTK2 theme back they're ok until I close and reopen nautilus.
Any idea how to resolve this apart from using a different theme?

Board footer