You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-10 02:13:45

viniosity
Website

automount PSP

I'm trying to get my PSP to automagically mount when I plug it in.  I browsed through the forums and found that there are tons of ways to get it to work.  I'm already using hal and dbus so I figured that would be the easiest way to go.  When I look in my /var/log/messages.log I see that it's automatically created a mount point at /media/usbdisk so it looks like all that is left to do is mount it.

my /etc/fstab has a line that says:

/dev/sdb1               /media/usbdisk          vfat    user,exec,noauto,comment=managed 0 0

Would it be as simple as changing the noauto to auto?  Or do I need to install submount or something else like that?

Also, I don't seem to have permission to delete files when it's mounted.. what should I change in my fstab to let me do that?

Thanks in advance..

#2 2005-07-10 02:31:32

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

Re: automount PSP

those lines are dynamic so its pointless to modify them. I don't know of any way to change it so hal/dbus mounts it but, since you have both running, it may be best to install ivman to automagically mount. If you choose not to you can just add the lines in manually to fstab giving a different mount point including auto to mount during boot. umask=0000 should allow you to delete files.

Board footer